Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 3/4 Duramax LB7. Truck has 189k mileage on it. I recently has all 8 fuel injectors replaced a couple months ago. All went well for the first month, then I started experiencing some problems. I noticed I had lost most of my coolant. It appeared that the mechanic had mixed green coolant with the red GM Dexcool coolant. I called him and he said this particular type of coolant mixes well with the Dexcool. What are you guys thoughts on this? I filled the reservoir with all Dexcool and have not lost any coolant in over a month. Also, I noticed a pretty significant oil leak while on a trip far from home. I stopped and topped off the oil along the way. After returning home and after normal driving back and forth to work, the oil leak appeared to have stopped or been reduced drastically. Any thoughts on why this may have happened?

There's more...here within the past week my truck has become very sluggish and have noticed a distinct odor coming from the exhaust. I also notice a light haze coming out the exhaust at times. These are all the symptoms the truck had before having the injectors replaced. I do plan on taking the truck back to the same mechanic and having him inspect it all again. I was just wondering if any of you guys might know what might be going on. Is there anything I can check myself beforehand? I'm no master mechanic but I'm not.looking forward to my truck being in the shop for 2 months again either. Thanks for any input you may have.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts