Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 with a Pro Comp bracket lift and I'm having trouble with keeping it aligned. Seems like every time I hit a bump or go off road it knocks the alignment out. Also the steering is really sloppy, the truck only has 24k on it so none of the front end parts should be warn out. Wondering if anyone out there has this lift or has any suggestions on how I could fix these issues. Thanks as always for your help

·
Registered
420 Posts
What is getting out of alignment? Toe, camber, or caster?

Have you made sure everything is nice and tight ? The whole front lift could be shifting around with a good jar from a bump.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't know much about your lift but in regards to your sloppy steering a steering stabilizer will fix that! There cheap to, tough country's big bore steering stabilizer is only 39 bucks, I'm ordering mine tomorrow from Willie.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone for the fast post.. Its looking like the camber keeps getting knocked out I've had the truck aligned twice I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow. I know that the first alignment the dealer didnt get the bolts to spec but the next two alignments were spot on plus I torqued them after. The bolts seem to be getting knocked lose whenever I use the truck for some reason.

The lift came with a stabilizer but I might look into upgrading to a larger on since I'm running large wheels and tires. I will also look into tie rod sleeves

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bracket lifts are one of the worsts to keep aligned. I am not 100% on why that it is, i was told by numerous people when i was looking to get a lift that its the main issue with a bracket lift. As far as sloppy steering it could be the hydroboost struggling with bigger tires or maybe even your intermediate steering shaft and possibly the plastic piece on shaft, do some digging on the truck to determine before you start buying parts. Pull back your inner fender on the driver side and grab the steering shaft and check for play.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
check and retorque the bolts on the frame and lower control arms. While you are under there take a wax crayon and trace a few spots around parts so the next time you have a part shift you can determine what moved.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,682 Posts
sloppy steering.....are your bars cranked to the sky?

mine was sort of not firm, but my bars were cranked,......then i dropped the 7.5" down to like 5" (3" rear blocks and lowered the torsion bars all the way) and the steering is perfect!
my opinion if your running just 35s, drop the bars all the way down, especially if your running a 3" block (dont know whats in the PC lift package!)

unless you like fender gap :)

i didnt so i dropped it and it still looks good and drives way smoother than having a cranked truck (like leveled, eeek dont remind me of those days of being leveled)!!!!

and my steering feels like my half ton gasser!!

just my $00.14

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have keys in it from where the stock was stock and leveled but I plan on changing those out and dropping the front a 1/2 inch but the steering still isn't firm. I contacted 4wheelparts where I bought the lift and I'm wait to see if they have a answer for the alignment issues

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea once I hear back from 4wheelparts and get my cam bolts I'll rip apart the front end, install the stock keys. I don't know how low I'll be able to go since I'm running a 22x10 -25 offset wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts