Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

So I just moved my family from Oregon to Virginia about two weeks ago. I was not hauling an excessive amount of weight, 16,500 lbs was my gross, with 2000 of that in trailer and another 4500 in my wife's avalanch on the trailer. We had a few things in the bed of the pickup but should not have been anything too crazy for this truck. Truck ran great the whole way averaged about 14mph @ 70 MPH so I was very happy with the trucks performance.

Yesterday I was looking at the back of my truck and realized that it was not sitting level. I measured the distance to the ground from the wheel wells and found that the driver's side is siting about 1.75" lower than the passenger's side. The leaf springs are all touching on the drivers and the (stock) extra leaf (for the 2500) is not touching on the passengers side. I did notice that the shock on the drivers side looks like it is blown.

I have two questions:
1. would blowing the shock cause an almost 2" sag in the suspension on a 2500?

2. If that is not the case do any of you have any good recommendations for suspension shops here in Northern Virginia, hopefully around Fredericksburg?

Thanks for all the help!
Colt

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
correction: 2000lbs for the trailer and about 7000 total lbs in the avalanche with the stuff we moved. thanks again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts