Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had a plow on any of my trucks, however I'm to be helping a buddy this winter as he has gotten alot of contracts and wants me to team up with him. I figured I'll look into an 8' plow for my truck. However I need some help with a good setup! I'd prefer the lightest setup as it would be alot better on the front end, which I know I'll take it easy as I baby my truck but also believe in using it!

What do you guys recommend? works best on our trucks? We usually only plow residential driveways, small parking lots and other random small business lots, nothing major or too big. Small to medium I guess you could say lots.

Someone recommended that I check out a BOSS V plow as they are light and that I'll want a V plow? I guess that's another question, for what I'll be doing, will I best be suited with a V or straight blade?

Obviously this is a side job for us to try to bring in some damn good money during the winter, as I know he brought in a good bit, however his contracts for this year have almost doubled and its suppose to be another heavy winter here! Oh yeah, just have to remember to keep the EFI live on a "tow" tune haha :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
yeah stick with a boss plow man, i had a western ultra 7'6" on mine the last 2 years and it was just as heavy as a 8' boss straght blade. I guess it all depends on how much time you wanna save i would think would determine either a v or the straight. I think the v plow will help save ya sometime man, hope it helps out

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A few things to consider.

A) Do you charge by the hour? If so do they pay more for v-plow? Why buy a expensive plow to make the same.

B) On most of your contracts do you have to carry the snow a long ways?

C) Call and see what plow dealer is easy to get a hold of and is there for you asap. I like both boss and western plows but the boss dealers around here suck to work with.

Personally I love the western 7-6 with wings.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few things to consider.

A) Do you charge by the hour? If so do they pay more for v-plow? Why buy a expensive plow to make the same.

B) On most of your contracts do you have to carry the snow a long ways?

C) Call and see what plow dealer is easy to get a hold of and is there for you asap. I like both boss and western plows but the boss dealers around here suck to work with.

Personally I love the western 7-6 with wings.
A. Nope not by the hour

B. I'd say not too often

C. I'm looking for a used/not used much Boss setup right now, as a few guys have been buying some rarely used setups as people are tight for $$$ and selling them to get the cash! figured that could save me a good bit there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts