Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 LLY just put on a 3" MBRP DP and 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust. I have a Edge CTS insight the codes that my truck is now throwing are the following:

P0299 - Turbocharger underboost (happened when i got on it in traffic to get up to speed)

P0308- Misfire on cylinder 8 (dont remember when exactly this came on)

P0401- EGR (because of exhaust i take it?)
P0404- EGR (because of exhaust?)

I drive in kinda heavy traffic daily going to work into Boston so its stop and go hate it!! :mad: The top 2 just came on today. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have a 2005 LLY just put on a 3" MBRP DP and 5" MBRP turbo back exhaust. I have a Edge CTS insight the codes that my truck is now throwing are the following:

P0299 - Turbocharger underboost (happened when i got on it in traffic to get up to speed)

P0308- Misfire on cylinder 8 (dont remember when exactly this came on)

P0401- EGR (because of exhaust i take it?)
P0404- EGR (because of exhaust?)

I drive in kinda heavy traffic daily going to work into Boston so its stop and go hate it!! :mad: The top 2 just came on today. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advanced.
the p0401 isnt a big deal its insefecient egr flow( u should def block it), not sure about the others but i believe that the misfire could be caused by the infamouse wiring harness rubbing. it happens alot on llys so def try to find out if its rubbing, or u might need to do the icepick trick which also involves the harness

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
is that 1.2 or 12, spec is + or - 4.0 at idle

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
yeah thats not good.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
dont feel too bad... im on my 3rd set of all 8 injectors . lly should be a cake walk to replace injector compared to lb7

·
Registered
116 Posts
dude theres alot of step by step on here just look around and a bad injector is better then a cracked piston lol but if u have tools and some balls just do it yourself man take your time and alot of pictures to help with putting it back together

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Many people change the injectors on the LLY, when it is just a loose connector, or the famous FICM harness short at the alternator. They should replace the injector as the last resort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts