Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a lmm silverado and fought for an hour or so trying to break the bolts loose to install my egr blocker plate. i dont exactly have a wide variety of tools and im not what you would call a mechanic. any live near st. paul mn that could help me out with this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did mine a couple weeks ago and I did what pretty much everyone does from what I've read about doing this. I hit em with some PB blaster a couple times about a week or so in advance then with the motor warm I broke both nuts loose with a 12mm wrench. Guess I was one of the lucky ones and it didn't take long at all.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Yes^^^ Spray them hoes a couple days in a row before and them grab an extra pair of nuts and break em loose. No room to work in the LMM's either so have fun!

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
12m lubbed just before wrench, pulled like all hell and they came loose. to me the plate is the hard part what a pita to get it in

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ya, bp blaster is your best friend. Just spray a lot on the nut, drink a beer. Repeat process for about 3 beers. Worked for me! And as stated earlier, getting nuts off is the easy part. Make sure you have a long pry bar and a friend handy!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I keep passing on this tip that has helped me and others. Put a ratchet strap on your wrench/ ratchet and pull from the drivers side after a few days of lubein the bolts. I slid a small ID hose over the nozzle to get back there. I can ship you a ratchet that will work awesome to for a deposit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts