Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly familiar with workin on vehicles, I just never have tackled an injector problem. I need help, preferably a step by step process with removing driver side injectors on a 2003 LB7 injector swap, entire driver side.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Theres a good DIY thread on here. Also I would recommend replacing all 8 injectors at one time instead of just the drivers side. Keep in mind injectors are balanced in sets of 8...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just start pulling wires and hoses off. Need a set of fuel line disconnect tools. Pull inner fender well. Pull more wires and then a few more wires!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've yet to get all the bolts out. I'm working on the drivers side and I'm down to removing the lower valve cover. The furthest most back bolt on the lower side is like almost impossible to reach. I've slightly hammered in the firewall still yet no luck, how did you guys remove that bolt? I have not went to buy a 3/8 snap-on chrome swivel so that may be my solution, the black snap-on 3/8 impact swivel wasn't quite enough swivel.

·
Registered
361 Posts
3/8 swival is what you need i actuall had to get a turques bit and a small wrench to break it, its tight and a pain in the a$$ i did it from fender well.Do yourself a favor and run out and get some stainless hex head bolts to replace the allen heads with for the next time you go in.

·
Registered
337 Posts
3/8 swival is what you need i actuall had to get a turques bit and a small wrench to break it, its tight and a pain in the a$$ i did it from fender well.Do yourself a favor and run out and get some stainless hex head bolts to replace the allen heads with for the next time you go in.
X2. Hex bit with a small box end wrench to turn it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I didn't use any swivels. I was able to do it with the allen bit on a 3/8" ratchet but I think on that one I used a regular allen wrench. It just was long enough to reach over the valve cover and get into the bolt. I thought about cutting the long end of one off and using a wrench on the cut off allen wrench. Be real cautious when you put the lower covers back on. The rubber seal likes to fall off if it hits anything. I used ultra black gasket maker for the upper to lower cover in a few spots to hold the lower seal in place, didn't need it on the passenger side as there is plenty of room. Make sure you drained the coolant out of the radiator!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts