Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my BOV a week ago but I cannot get it to actually blow off like it is supposed to. Is there something in the actual BOV that I can adjust or am I just limited to the electronic controller?

Any tips or help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lookin for someone who has one please

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can't you back out the adjustment screw to loosen the tension?

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
My Accord will bark with 8psi and the bov unhooked, I never understood why our trucks dont bark running 20+psi. Ive let off the throttle quickly before at ~full boost, and heard a little, but not like Id expect.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Perhaps its because my truck doesnt have a clutch...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it working i have a bad diode right before the solenoid. I took out the diode and hard wired it and now its flawless.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I can't offer any advice, but what's the purpose of that?
Its just like he said it eliminates turbo bark. Stock turbos are better because there is less boost. So they dont bark normally when being daily driven. My turbo barks every once in a while they way i drive so i got the bov to make my turbo live a longer happier life.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My Accord will bark with 8psi and the bov unhooked, I never understood why our trucks dont bark running 20+psi. Ive let off the throttle quickly before at ~full boost, and heard a little, but not like Id expect.
No throttle plate to suddenly close off, which would make the pressurized air go backwards through the turbo. Our engines keep consuming the pressurized air, just at a slower rate. Hence the little "bark" you hear. BOV's aren't really necessary on our trucks, except for piece of mind for some people and that "cool" sound for others.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Ahh no throttle plate, that'd be it!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
It's because diesels don't have throttle plates. They are throttled by fuel, not air. When you chop the throttle on a diesel the remaining pressure either goes into the cylinders or back out of the turbo. It's not as violent because the air doesn't get cut off all at once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts