Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a lly and i want to rerout the pvc. how important is this and what do i need in order to do this is my driveway?
also if im going to do it, should i also do an egr block kit? and what is needed to complete that in my driveway also?
thanks nick

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
I think the EGR delete or block is more important then the PCV re-route. That said, neither have anything to do with each other.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
you can do both with basic tools. Nothing special required. If it makes you feel any better I did mine last winter here wearing my carhartt bibs, laying over the engine to stay warm (it was like 5 out; dumb, but I couldn't wait to install them and a garage wasn't an option haha)

The worst part about it is getting the freaking egr bolts lose from all of the heat from the years. It's definitely a good thing to do. Also, have you looked in to upgrading your stock mouth piece? it's a piece of junk. I highly recommend doing that first.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
you can do both with basic tools. Nothing special required. If it makes you feel any better I did mine last winter here wearing my carhartt bibs, laying over the engine to stay warm (it was like 5 out; dumb, but I couldn't wait to install them and a garage wasn't an option haha)

The worst part about it is getting the freaking egr bolts lose from all of the heat from the years. It's definitely a good thing to do. Also, have you looked in to upgrading your stock mouth piece? it's a piece of junk. I highly recommend doing that first.
Ditto on all 3 - I change my turbo inlet, did the EGR blockoff, and the PCV re-route all at the same time. Took me about 3-4 hours to to get it all done and routed.

Made a good but of difference in my LLY (233K miles)!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was going to do that also. i think im going to get the afe mp or the lb7 which one is better/cheaper?
there is a difference between egr block and egr delete right and the BLOCKER is easier?

·
Registered
339 Posts
i was going to do that also. i think im going to get the afe mp or the lb7 which one is better/cheaper?
there is a difference between egr block and egr delete right and the BLOCKER is easier?
The LBZ MP is the one you are looking for, not LB7. I have the AFE one on my truck and love it. It is a little more pricey but worth it. Either way you go you will be satisfied, and so will your truck :D.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The LBZ (not LB7) is quite a bit cheaper, but requires some work and modifications... I was lazy and went with aFe MP which is a bolt-on with no mods. As far as quality, the aFe is awesome and has some nice features.

The EGR block off is simple, cheap, and as far as I know does what is needed.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
only issue i had on pcv is getting the drivers side fitting in. there are some harnesses that don't give any and can make getting the fitting, hose, and bolt in there and secure a PITA! ps don't drop the bolt trying to get it started. 30 minutes of cursing ensued

1 - 8 of 8 Posts