Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am having some trouble chosing what exhaust I want due to the lack of information available about them for the most part.

I want either turbo-back, or DP back, 409 or 304.

I really would like the slash cut tips like the MBRP T5053's.

Here are the multiple problems I am having;

Some say that the exhaust will not work with either the DRW (Banks) or my fifth wheel hitch (Silverline) I have a Draw-tite hitch if that makes a difference. (16k, will be 20k in near future)

MBRP doesnt make the 304 in 'DP back', only cat back. And I have no idea what tips that comes with anyway. The 409 is DP-back, but doesnt come with tips, but for the 100 bucks its not bad to get them anyway. But I don't know if this one will fit my truck.

Next thing, I have seen some that split off and go 3.5", and others that go 4" in the back. I would like it to be dual 4".

Price doesnt really matter, but the cheaper it is, the earlier I can order it lol

any help would be greatly appreciated!

(So far the truck has the diablosport programmer, and I'm pretty happy with it. I'll do a write-up on it once I play with it some more lol)

thanks a lot!
-Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
here is a link to my 05 LLY with a gooseneck hitch,spare tire and the bumper hitch all on and every thing clears..the pic is of a dual 4" Silverline T/B exhaust with 5" tips but they are avalible with the 5" double walled like i have or 5" and 6" slashed cut.. ANSA Automotive: Silverline Truck: Stainless Steel Tips ps i since have upgraded to the 6" rolled tips and let me tell they are a killer..

·
Registered
36 Posts
rota92 - We're here to answer all your MBRP exhaust questions - give us a call or pm me if you like, and we can help you out. Or call any of the sites supporting vendors - they're a great bunch of guys that could help you out too.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ok. I have installed the MBRP Aluminized system on several SRW LBZ trucks. You are looking at PN S6006409 for a downpipe back off road kit in 409 stainless. New front pipe and everything. Tips are up to you. WHat wouls you like? 5"? 6"? Whatever you want.
If you like sound, I highly recommend the muffler delete for this kit. So far I have had 2 different customers tell me the exhaust is too quiet, one had me remove the muffler. Sounds very reasonable.

Install of this isn't BAD, except the darned Dmax is so low to the ground shade tree mechanics are going to have fun with it. If you have a set of car/truck ramps available, you may want to use them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys!

The more I read, the more I want 304, and only cat back. Then I'll get the cat delete pipe to put in so the warrantee stays as kosher as possible.

Diesel nut, could you quote me on the;

304, Cat back dual? I don't know what tips it comes with, but the 5053 tips are the ones I want (slash cut)

And also the cat delete pipe that the MBRP rep was telling me about?

I just dumped a good amount of change into the race car with spares and such, but as soon as I can its exhaust time! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts