Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I replaced my transmission cooler hoses after one broke and drained transmission. Everything is back together, started it up and it runs very poorly when givin throttle, idles fine...
and I got a MAF CODE. so I unplugged the MAF at the intake and the truck runs and shifts great but it’s in reduced power mode..

Would the transmission be causing this
kind of issue?... fluid level is right.
Shifts smooth in reduced power mode..
Would a screwed tranny shift so smooth even in reduced power mode?

Is there anything else that could cause the MAF code to be displayed besides the actual sensor? Only thing I removed was the egr hose and I put it back right..

I don’t want to buy one for nothing.. already tried
Cleaning it..
So what would cause the truck to run horrible with the MAF plugged in ? Unplug it and runs great, just no power..

I have a superchips tuner to read engine.

TIA

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If it runs bad with the maf plugged in. It’s more than likely in the maf sensor or circuit. I’m not sure of the test procedure for the maf. But check it out. If the maf checks ok, then it’s in the wiring.

What are your readings of the maf on your scanner with and without engine running. Also outside air temp, Inlet air temp, baro pressure and manifold or map pressure.

All of these inputs are used by ecm. Any one, way out of spec. Could cause this.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Every electrical device (MAF, for instance) on your truck requires a complete and fully functional circuit to complete the job. Test the circuit under a resistance loaded condition before buying a new appliance. Your bank account will thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.