Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly deleted and wife is very angry! I can't even warm my truck up in the garage.. I pull outside and smell still comes inside the house. Even worse when sucked in the heater vents. Terrible. Wife is going to make me un delete it. Exhaust is a flo pro 4" with muffler turbo back. Wondering if or how much a converter would cut down the smell? Help.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I even put a converter on it?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
why don't you try parking it farther away from the house.

·
Premium Member
10,840 Posts
New wife.LOL

·
Registered
4,764 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
It is used in aromatherapy. The scent.....is said to help alleviate depression, and has sedative properties.
This blend is used for a heart tonic and used to treat infectious diseases.....
A dab of THIS on 'er upper lip, Presto!

No Diesel odor conflict. :grinn

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may be ok. Need to run this tank out. I had a 1/2 tank of premium and accidentally added 1/2 tank of bio diesel. Ran it 1/2 down and added another 1/2 tank of premium with their pre done additives plus I added 1/2 bottle of Stanadyne. Wondering if that's why it smells so bad. Going to try to get a full full of #2 with no additives and see if it helps. Part of smell in Truck is residual antifreeze. Installer had a hose blow and antifreeze blew everywhere. That needs to air out as well.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
A converter will help and will make it a little quieter-- be cheaper than a new bride.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bride makes all the money

·
Registered
349 Posts
FWIW i warm my truck up right outside my door every morning and It never comes in. are you pulling in forward or backing in? That will make a difference

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to back in, but did start pulling straight in.. Problem is that the wind seems to blow right into the garage. It may get better with straight #2 and no additive or winter blend I'm hoping.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know what u are saying. experienced same thing. Was surprised how must diesel smell I got after deleting. I have same setup as u. Besides that love it. Definately interested to see if there is a convertor that could replace the muffler or add to it??

·
Registered
974 Posts
Pot smokers put fabric softener in the cardboard tube that comes with paper towels and exhale through it covering up the smell. You could just jam some Bounce up the tailpipe. Problem solved.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Who would have ever figured that a diesel would smell like a diesel after ripping the tree hugging hippie bs out........................

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Once you tune/remove the DOC, & DPF the smell is very noticeable. Even if the winds are calm.

Put the DOC (aka as CAT) back on, & the noticeable smell will go away. Magnaflows makes DOC works as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The cat system and sensors are part of the delete. Are you saying to just put a cat on without the sensors and the chemical reaction through the cat will ease the smell?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I see the Magnaglow cat online. So sensors. Looks like I could clamp in place.. The chemical reaction with the metals inside should cut some smell down. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
The cat system and sensors are part of the delete. Are you saying to just put a cat on without the sensors and the chemical reaction through the cat will ease the smell?
Yes. Stock CAT or the Magnaglow CAT would help. Id say the stock CAT would help more with the smell.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts