Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help with what to do about tire spray. I have 35 on a cognito 4 inch lift with the fender mod. Will fender flares still work with fender mod. Or should I go with a mud flap of some kind.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes they still work. I have flares on my truck with the large fender mod. I just notched out the bottom of the flare where the fender is folded back

·
Registered
351 Posts
Fender flares don't do anything for spray on my truck. I did the bushwacker cut out flare and the only thing they are good for is collecting road grime and ice.

I'm running 37x13.5" MT's

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The spray all depends on tire width snd wheel offset. Mine still sprays the rockers but thats because i dont have mudflaps. If your tires don't stick out too far it definately helps with the spray on the doors and hood.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I guess I don't get too much on my hood but I have taken slush in the eye a few times while my window was down part way. I can't fit mud flaps on it 😡

·
Registered
974 Posts
I put flares on my 15. I didn't really like them and I didn't think they really helped...until I took them off. They work. I'm running a Procomp 6in with 315/60/20s with 0 offset.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do the flares mount up in a location where the tires won't run on them? I have 35s on a 6 inch turned down a little

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had them on my 2011 with a 7.5" Rcx lift with 22's and 35's with a neg 24 offset. They definitely help me out. I used to get mud all the time on the roof without them and then put the bushwackers on and it cut the spray down considerably. Not completely but a lot

ImageUploadedByAG Free1423663084.677069.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts