Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to diesel and love it. 05 chevy 2500hd full delete up and down pipes 5 inch exhaust 68mm turbo efi live dsp5 20 over injectors airdog 165 and cp3 deleted cold air intake allison tranny.

So the problem is I drove it to work no problem ran great as always went out at lunch tried to start it and it just rolled and rolled wont start. Plugged it in still nothing. Changed fuel filters and still nothing. I'm at a lose right now and need it for work. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to answer any and all questions to the best of my knowledge like I said I'm new to diesel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Probably losing prime from an air leak around the filter head. Did you try pumping the bulb on top of the fuel filter head to prime it?

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Jeremy - the CP3 pump is the high pressure diesel fuel pump that supplies high pressure diesel to the fuel rails and ultimately to the injectors. Your truck would never have run at all if the CP3 was actually deleted or removed. I am assuming your are mistaking CP3 for some other part, maybe EGR. Hard to keep all those abbreviations straight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so yes I dont know alot about them I do know that where the stock fuel filter would go and that apparatus where the pump is to prime all that is not there anymore

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It sounds like the stock engine compartment fuel filter has been eliminated. With that gone, the fuel comes from the tank direct to the CP3 pump, which is located in the valley of the engine at the front. If your lift pump is still working, it should be able to pump fuel all the way to the CP3 and there is something in that process that is amiss. 1st thing to do is to make sure tha pump is still working and that the fuel really is reaching the CP3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I can tell fuel is getting there bc there is a check ball I can push right before it and fuel is coming out pretty good when I push it and pump sounds good and healthy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update...... I had a friend who is a ex gm mechanic retired now come out and look at it tonight. He ended up putting his hand over the cold air intake with filter off and had me do the same and is telling me that he thinks my timing gears have went and that they r factory made of polyurethane. Any truth to this and how bad of a job is it to replace them and what would I be looking at for all parts needed?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts