Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im doing a 6" lift in my 02 sierra 2500hd. Undecided on which lift to order. Here in Canada Zone isnt nearly as popular as it is in the USA, however more and more suppliers are selling it here now. I personally dont know anyone who has put one in their truck. I have read a lot of good things on here about them however. All 3 lifts im looking at are around the same price point being $1300. I will be installing it myself. SO i just want to hear from guys who may be running one of these lifts, pros and cons or opinions on them to help me decide which is the best overall!

Zone
Rough Country
Tuff Country

I will be running a body lift also with 37" tires on 20" rims, i dont drive the truck too much and mostly just use it for hauling around town and light towing/offroading. Thanks

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Zone is my vote...I love my kit, real strong components that they use. Top quality and good price, cant go wrong with that :thumb

·
Hey Ass Man!
1,265 Posts
^^How do the 20x10 Monsters fit in your wheel well? Trimming?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Id do zone! I think rough country and tough country are lesser kits. The zone is a great value and very well made. Goes up there with fabtech,rcd, and cognito imo. Ride is going to be much better than the other 2 as well.
Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Zone gets my vote. I have one sitting in my barn just waiting for spring so I can put it on:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I've got the RCX kit. I'm happy with it but after seeing many guys on here and one of my buddies with the Zone kit I'd definitely recommend that over the RCX.

·
Registered
120 Posts
^^How do the 20x10 Monsters fit in your wheel well? Trimming?
They fit perfect, they are a -24 offset if I remember right..I got the 6" Zone kit and thought 35s looked too small so I took out the rear blocks and put 3" blocks in the back and lowered the tbars so my angles are flat and I have no rubbing at all but I did trim just a little on the front of the fender well but not much at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, thanks everyone for the input. Im definitely going to go with the Zone. Probably start a new trend in my town as i dont know anyone running one! There all running Pro Comp for big $! Haha thanks guys

·
Most Known Unknown
29,739 Posts
lulz. I've got no complaints with my RCX kit. But after seeing the Zone kit for the same price with better CV angles why not go with that... How do you like the 7.5 kit ??
i dont have any compaints for it, this is my first diesel 3/4 ton with a lift (first lift as well) and so i dont have anything to complain about

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...4-lowering-lifted-truck-2012-lml-7-5-rcx.html

other than the installer cranking the crap out of my bars so i ended up dropping the truck down using all the same stuff (but putting 3" blocks in it, and removing the 5" blocks). I just had to trim the jounce stops. i was actually thinking of getting another lift so i can have a lower truck and get better CV's and fill in all the fender gap i had, but instead i just dropped down the one i have! The shocks still have clearence but now im still messing with the jounce stops......since i trimmed them i dropped it down so they would rest on the torsion bracket (DRIVES BETTER, and the steering is alot more firm!) but after talking with a member on here with a 5" Zone he said it would probably be even nicer if i put a gap between the bracket and trimmed jounces so thats what im going to finish up today, so i can hopefully get it aligned tomorrow...........im glad i didnt change out the lift, because if i ever want to go up to a 37 i could still raise it!

here are the before and after of my CV's and a picture of how the truck sits now!

CV before with the lift maxed out (didnt ride bad, just knew it could be better)
View attachment 70963

CV's now! great for a truck that will never go offroad :)
View attachment 70964

how the truck sits now, doesnt rub anywhere
View attachment 70965

·
Most Known Unknown
29,739 Posts
and here are the jounces,

those two damn pieces i totally forgot about when i dropped it down, and i ended up smashing them,.....once i saw them i was like WTF, and pulled them out to trim them

now today i'll finish fine tuning the gap between the bracket and jounce to get it just right before alignment!

id rather work with what i have instead of spending more on something else!

so far im please that i dropped it down, i mean.....im lower for sure than the guys running the 6.5" BDS kits!! ftw

normal with kit at sky high height
View attachment 70966

cutting the ends off
View attachment 70967

installed with shorter length, going to lift a little to get a 1/4" gap
View attachment 70968

here they were once the lift was dropped down, smashed the crap out of them!
View attachment 70969

1 - 15 of 15 Posts