Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a problem with my 2008 lmm when I drive arround 50 mph and I press maybe 25% on the fuel pedal my truck begin to take some speed and throw a big cloud of black smoke but at sometime (never the same) and (never know when that gonna happen) the engine give maybe 2-3 hit like if the fuel cut and same time of the hit I hear like a bark in my air intake! sometime that gonna happen on straight line sometime on a small hill or before pass a car. And after the 2-3 hit all returns to normal and the full power is back

I thought that happen because I have a ppe hot race +2 without a lift pump but I recently install an airdog 2 160 but change nothing

thank you!

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
What HP level do you have the PPE set on??
You can not put big tunes in without having issues.
If you want long life out of your diesel then I suggest dropping to a lower HP level.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,305 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
level 2 should be good 90 hp 160 tq?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know how to solve it but what part of my engine do that?

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Well if you know how to solve the problem then why are you asking for help?
I would say your running out of fuel then the PPE is defueling, I would not add more than 50-70 hp anyway to anything. You can only put so much power to these diesels before eventually you F it up. If I was you I would drop down to the lowest HP level and run it like that for a while. If you won`t then you`ll just have to deal with the consequences.
I run my quad on economy nodpf which is 20-30 hp I`m pretty confident I`ll never have any issues caused by my quad.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Do a search for "turbo bark" and see if that is what it sounds like. I agree that your losing fuel pressure, could be your FPRV opening up and dumping rail pressure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do a search for "turbo bark" and see if that is what it sounds like. I agree that your losing fuel pressure, could be your FPRV opening up and dumping rail pressure.
I was gonna say the FPRV as well.

Hope you have a beefed up tranny or the next thing you will hear is BOOM!:thumb

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
What HP level do you have the PPE set on??
You can not put big tunes in without having issues.
If you want long life out of your diesel then I suggest dropping to a lower HP level.
I run big tunes with no issues......... wow is all I have to say to that post:cookoo[1]:
plug your programmer in and view the rail pressure and timing. See if they jump all around when your issue is acting up.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I run big tunes with no issues......... wow is all I have to say to that post:cookoo[1]:
plug your programmer in and view the rail pressure and timing. See if they jump all around when your issue is acting up.
You have a little bit more done than the OP mr.:cool: with supporting mods then yes big tunes are feasible but on a stocker then no unless you just drive it around like a granny:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
He is having motor problems not tranny which is my biggest mod..... I have tons of buddies running around with ppe on the 225 tune with no motor issues... all stock... occasional limped tranny but never a motor problem so I am calling bs on way to much of a tune.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
He is having motor problems not tranny which is my biggest mod..... I have tons of buddies running around with ppe on the 225 tune with no motor issues... all stock... occasional limped tranny but never a motor problem so I am calling bs on way to much of a tune.
Soooooo the 225 tunes on your buddies stock truck is fine but having a similar tune on this guys truck isn't? I'm not understanding you, but I'm pretty sure we are both probably trying to say the same thing.

I think he is using a giant tune on a truck that doesn't have the proper amount of supporting mods and that is the cause for his having engine problems

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I think we are talking about people putting big ass tunes like a bunch of fools with having a stock engine and trans.
I can't wait, in time we all will be reading you and your buddies threads crying that your completely stock engine and trans are broke and you can't figure out why.:eek: :help
I guess youall never researched the trans maybe can handle up 100hp, adding more than that you will trash the tranny. The same goes for the engine the stock fuel system can not keep up with the demands of the big dumb ass tunes in a stock enhine and you will eventually toast the engine.
So laugh now and cry later . Heyyaa
So now just use your imagination on what I'm saying back at you on your post.
Heyyaa :cookoo[1]: :rofl
And I'm keeping it clean and that's unusual for me on stupid replys.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Good luck op.... the guy above me knows all...by the way my truck is not stock
all these trucks on the forum with a built tranny and airdog are all gunna ruin their motors?
Let me add I fully agree 225 on stock tranny is not gunna last long... but I disagree about the motor

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I would just like to throw out that even a 20-30HP tune can trash a stock tranny or engine...it's luck of the draw... I had a Banks on my truck running the LOW tune for awhile and when my tranny was torn apart I had burnt clutches...and I drove like a grandpa... so saying you are fine with your Quad tuning is not all that accurate.. esp. since the quad puts down more low end HP than a Banks..

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Good luck op.... the guy above me knows all...by the way my truck is not stock
all these trucks on the forum with a built tranny and airdog are all gunna ruin their motors?
Let me add I fully agree 225 on stock tranny is not gunna last long... but I disagree about the motor
See right there yours is not stock, get the picture.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I would just like to throw out that even a 20-30HP tune can trash a stock tranny or engine...it's luck of the draw... I had a Banks on my truck running the LOW tune for awhile and when my tranny was torn apart I had burnt clutches...and I drove like a grandpa... so saying you are fine with your Quad tuning is not all that accurate.. esp. since the quad puts down more low end HP than a Banks..
Yah like a grandpa with a lead foot.
I guess I'll re-word this I'll have a much less chance tearing up the engine and/or trans with a economy tune. I tried the 50hp tune twice but I did not like the timing change way to much valve train clatter.
The economy tune is close to the factory tune with just a little tweaking so you have a less chance of screwing something up.
Unless of course your a grandpa with a big fat lead foot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know for my tranny I order a new one in 1 or 2 weeks look between a ppe stage 5 or suncoast but this is not the question! so some of you think is my fprv so a thing like that could help that? Industrial Injection Race Valve For 04.5-10 Duramax Race Plug Fuel Rail Cap but when that happen I get no code no check engine light no p0087
so I think is more like you say but I think I dont understand why that happen on my lmm when my brother have an lly with banks six-gun with speed loader and he run at 200% on fuel pump he dont have this problem?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts