Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More issues last nite driven my 02 duramax with a zf 6 the tranny started grinding an makein lots of noise I went to down shift an had hard time getn it into gear then my truck shut off an the belt came off an got all tangled up an it was pouring out oil between the tranny an engine I lot all my motor oil an the truck wouldn't start I was told the input shaft messed up an pushed my crank forward an worked the belt off I was just lookin for some advise to know where to start. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
First check the oil in the crankcase-- does it smell like diesel-? Is it over full-? Drop a little on a white paper towel-- is there a halo around the oil spot-? These are simple test to determine if the injectors leaked and dumped diesel in the engine.

I doubt the crank shaft would move enough to cause the belt to come off- See if you can pry the crankcase back and forth.

- Check the idler pulleys-- loose, noisy-? that is a common problem on some vehicles-- and that does cause the belt to come off.

Does the transmission shift OK when stopped-? Common problem with most standard transmissions -- the syncros in the trans wear and causes hard shifting while driving.

You have several problems-- take one at a time and check it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man the engine oil is fine an I looked at the belt today in the light an it's shredded the pulley on the crank doesn't move I fired it up an it has a hell of a noise in the tranny so il be pullin that some time this week

1 - 3 of 3 Posts