Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay im lost. Coming home from dinner tonight on my economy tune truck stopped shifting. Check engine lite came on so i pulled over and checked codes with my edge insite. Got a P0700 and i think it was P0600. I know one code was the P0700 all i can remember about the other code was glow plug module something. Did replace glow plug module last spring. I turned the truck off and cleared codes and it drove fine from there on with no more lite. Wtf caused it? Did it go into Limp mode? Any advice or help would be great.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The P0700 is a generic code telling you there are other trans codes stored. You need a scanner that can read them. Many cheap scanners can't.

·
Administrator
16,860 Posts
As stated, p0700 turns on check engine light for trans code. Check codes with a better scanner like V2.

In the future I wouldn't clear codes with your Edge until you pull them with a v2 to confirm what all codes are there.

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
I threw that code tonight but we were testin the built trans tunes. I got a ECM code Po700 that threw the code for the CEL the TCM code was P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off...anyone know why this would be or would hot rodding it throw the codes

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
As stated, p0700 turns on check engine light for trans code. Check codes with a better scanner like V2.

In the future I wouldn't clear codes with your Edge until you pull them with a v2 to confirm what all codes are there.
Can the autocal pull Tcm codes?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
yep thats how i got those it threw them last friday when the trans went it. cleared em drove fine all the way home (8 hrs) went got the gf from airport tonight and had to show off the moar powa and when i hit 80 it threw the code so im assuming it had something to do with rpm but hell if i know, im not to worried right now

·
Administrator
16,860 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts