Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 weeks ago i was working on local ranch, we got 2 inches of rain over night and i had pull a stock trailer through canyons full of mud and running water. after that my 02 dura/allison chevy has been acting up. the shift indicator quit working, so u cant tell what gear you are in, i shift it into park and the door locks dont unlock, the automatic lights quit working. today i took my truck to the carwash and washed all of the mud off of it, got in and now the service engine soon light is staying on. Ne body got ne suggestions? i really hate to take it to the dealership, so ne help would be appreciated.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds like maybe some water got into the nsbu switsh on the trans, this should control all the functions you are talking about! as for the check engine light it could be related or it could not be, its hard to say. Are there any other problems?

MAybe Mike L will chime in he would know better if this is the posiable cause?

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
96 Posts
:thumbsup i agree. and they had A LOT of issues with the nsbu the first 2years. see if you can get it scanned. i can't find the updated p/n but dealers should have the latest and greatest version on there shelves.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also i forgot to mention i took it to the local auto zone to get it scanned. but there scanner would not read it, it kept telling us to plug it in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
driver's side of the trans. towards the rear of the tail. it will have 2 connectors going into and will typically be either black or brown in color.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i ended up having to take it to the dealership, it got to where third gear was the highest gear it would go into. They put in what they called a prndL switch, i picked it up today and it is running good as new, even though it cost 200 bucks, im half tempted to sell it and keep the ole 97 stroke.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Thats good that is fixed. A prndl switch is the same as the nsbu switch!!!!

Later
Caleb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts