Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so this is kinda long but sorry i need some help. i changed the fuel filter and it was running fine. the next day it wasn't wanting to start very easy. had to crank awhile then it would fire up. 2 days ago i went into the grocery came back out and it wouldnt fire up. bleeder screw broke and hood spring was gone. wouldnt start for 2 hours then we jumped it and it started...went to auto zone and the battery test came back fine, also wouldnt start back up there. sprayed some ether and it fired right up. did a pressure test yest and 1 of the injectors are bad. so i've had 3 mech's tell me either fuel pump, glow plugs, injectors, or maybe a sensor. WTF is going on and should i just assume that its the injectors and i'm officially screwed??? PLEASE HELP

Basically 1 injector is failed. so should i just replace it and sell the truck. or replace and keep the truck?
Keep in mind the front bumper is still messed up from the wreck and i just got the damn truck in October

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
sounds like your suckin air from the filter check the seal

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was gonna just switch the filter. i bought 2. so i was gonna do it over with the other one

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
they may get it but those seals are tricky, also check your water sensor in the bottom if it sucks air from this location you get symtoms like your describing

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put everything on tight and it was runnin fine for like 1-2 days. all of a sudden boom its jacked up and wont start

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
like i said seal is tricky and does funny crap had it happen to me a few times

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts