Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. I am new to the site. I have a 2004 W 215k on it. The injectors were done about 10k ago along w the fuel pump which is now an LBZ. I am in the army moving from AZ to VA. I'm currently in salt lake city. Mid day yesterday I noticed a ton of smoke under load and it seems to have a littlw more deisel clacking than usual. I have a CTS and tunes loaded by Idaho Rob up at ATP. Does anyone have any idea what coukd be causing the over fueling condition?
My balance rates are all between -.4 and +1.8 except #4 which was -4.8 cold and -4.0 warm. Those measured on the CTS.
I really need help. I'm at a friends house here but I need to get back on the road. No drivabilty issues aside from a slight Idle surge. Under load the clacking is more pronounced and that is when I'm producing the smoke.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
hello all. I am new to the site. I have a 2004 W 215k on it. The injectors were done about 10k ago along w the fuel pump which is now an LBZ. I am in the army moving from AZ to VA. I'm currently in salt lake city. Mid day yesterday I noticed a ton of smoke under load and it seems to have a littlw more deisel clacking than usual. I have a CTS and tunes loaded by Idaho Rob up at ATP. Does anyone have any idea what coukd be causing the over fueling condition?
My balance rates are all between -.4 and +1.8 except #4 which was -4.8 cold and -4.0 warm. Those measured on the CTS.
I really need help. I'm at a friends house here but I need to get back on the road. No drivabilty issues aside from a slight Idle surge. Under load the clacking is more pronounced and that is when I'm producing the smoke.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Matt

brett and or aaron would probably be some of the best help you could get on this. my only question is did you have the truck retuned for the new CP3? my understanding is that you MUST return the truck when you upgrade to a LBZ regulator.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
The problem can be a injector that is overfueling or low boost making the truck act like its getting more fuel. Are your boost readings ok? What is the rail presure doing, actual and desired. Too much rail pressure will also cause all the injectors to seem like they are overfueling. And it will slightly lope at idle. And finally, where did you get the injectors? Can you turn them off with a tech2 or other good scanner one at a time to see what injector it is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Number 4 is the only one reading out of spec. I don't have any diagnostic equipent except the cts edge. It seems to be an over fueling issue so I'll just drive it w the smoke. It's just embarrassing and obnoxious. I'll pay attention to the boost indicated.
I checked my boost tubes and found no obvious leaks or holes. What should a stock dmax be boosting? I've seen people say between 21 and 26 psi on various forums.
in response to the above comment re: the tune. Yes I had it retuned and let ATP know I had the LBZ amd regulator on it so that should be taken care of.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Check rail pressures with the cts.
If we can pinpoint the issue it might be covered by warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.