Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got sick of looking at sand blasted rockers so i picked up some hurculiner and went to town... i got a little sick to my stomach as i was scuffing my paint but i think it turned out pretty decent looking once i was done sorry i dont have more pics of the process i didnt think of it untill i was basically done..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice :thumb

how many coats did you use?
i ended up doing 4... i was a little excessive but i wanted to use what i had left up i did the door jams also up that height also..

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
How much did you use? Did you put the UV protection stuff on it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did you use? Did you put the UV protection stuff on it?
i used about a half a gallon... i originally baught the kit to do the v-front of my fish house because the thin aluminum siding was getting chipped and dented and looked terrible i had some left over so did my truck with the rest...
yes i did add the uv protection stuff

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
looks pretty good man, i dig it

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
OK cool. Keep us posted how it holds up. I want to do mine too as graveled roads have killed mu rockers

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Looks good bud. The worst part is standing back and looking at your truck before you actually line it and realize you just ruined your paint job so this better work!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i like it an it should hold up pretty well and help out with rock chips

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Looks good was at AutoZone this morning contemplating to buy the BedArmor and do it this weekend. Let us know its holds up , wasnt sure if it will lift up or fade

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good bud. The worst part is standing back and looking at your truck before you actually line it and realize you just ruined your paint job so this better work!
I no its super depressing haha but once it's done it looks good!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good was at AutoZone this morning contemplating to buy the BedArmor and do it this weekend. Let us know its holds up , wasnt sure if it will lift up or fade
Will do!! So far I'm glad I did it!!

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Looks good man. Wasn't sure how it would look on black but it looks pretty good. Maybe once my rockers get beat up enough thats what i will do.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Me likey

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
What type of roller did you use? I wanted a smoother finish

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
What type of roller did you use? I wanted a smoother finish
I think that's just how herculiner rolls on cause of the shit in it. If you want smoother you need to do a spray on liner. It goes on just like paint and then you do the texture how you want it. But if you've never done it before I'd take it to a shop.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Did you do yours yourself Skank?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I did my 7.3 bed with herculiner 5 years ago and it held up better than my rhino in the dmax. LineX wants $1000 to do my rockers, fender flares and tailagte. I used the bed armor on my trailers figured if i used a hair dryer it might smooth it out a bit

1 - 20 of 64 Posts