Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just breaking the thread cherry! Im in the process of buying a duramax, looking for an LBZ but i still have it in the back of mind that i could handle an LMM. Yes i know the on going debate, ive been searching the subject in lots of detail.

A deal killer for me as far as an LMM is the DPF, i live in CA and im going to have to deal with the new smog BS. I really like the LMM interior vs the LBZ but from what ive been reading the LBZ seems like the way to go. Im not going to have tons of money to invest in the truck as im heavily invested in motorcycle racing, so out the box performance is key. The LMM emisions stuff seems like a deal breaker but then again lots of guys are happy with it.

Also its seems damn near impossible to find an LBZ with under 80k for 25g! Thats my budget and im looking everywhere for a nice clean one, i prefer leather and 4wd so that doesnt help things.

Anyways thats me and im here to stay! Chevy for life!

Dave

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Welcome! For your price range you should be able to find a decent lbz truck for sure I would think. its been a while since i've been in the game, but just keep looking through craigslist/our classifieds and you'll find a deal.

What kind of bike racing do you do? How's the stable filled? :cool:
I've been wanting to grab an rs125 or 250 for a while now just to throw around a track/ some of the curvy roads around my area. Just something about something that doesnt top out as high as my falco.

anywho, again, welcome and good luck in your search!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! For your price range you should be able to find a decent lbz truck for sure I would think. its been a while since i've been in the game, but just keep looking through craigslist/our classifieds and you'll find a deal.

What kind of bike racing do you do? How's the stable filled? :cool:
I've been wanting to grab an rs125 or 250 for a while now just to throw around a track/ some of the curvy roads around my area. Just something about something that doesnt top out as high as my falco.

anywho, again, welcome and good luck in your search!
I race em all! Supermoto, motocross, to Road racing. Mainly this year road racing in the AFM with a GSXR 750! Too many bikes in the stable, its basically the focus of my life so u need a tool for each job, dont ya?!?!?

Falco is a great bike, the most highly underated Aprillia of all time. Ive spent some time on them and they are great bikes for the current market.

Im definitely on a time crunch as far as trucks go! The last rnd of the season is on oct 2nd and ive been looking for a truck since mid august. Im hunting, but its still hard to come up with something nice. Im on a nation wide search i really dont care where it comes from. Ive been checking autotrader and craigslist. Any other sources u guys recommend?

Im a picture whore so here is another, this is turn 4 at Thunderhill

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Welcome to Df.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Welcome to the forum. In your case I would go with an LBZ. I don't think I could own another LMM with DPF. Its so much better without it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hell yeah man, looks like you know how to have fun! I've been wanting to bring my current setup to a track real bad, but haven't had a chance. I'm definitely loving the torque/character of the rotax compared to my old bikes. I'm hooked italian from here on out though i think lol. Regretfully I'm tdy right now too so i'm missing out on the rest of riding season where i live. But just gives me more time to plan the winter mods, ya know? haha

As far as the truck search goes, keep checking your areas craigslist, and the surrounding areas if you're willing to travel. it will really help your deals. I found my rig on auto trader, just had to drive 8hrs to pick it up lol. Just something about a stock truck just sitting in a lot that makes the drive worth it sometimes. you could also check cars.com, they have some good deals at times as well as our classifieds forum here. You can't post in it until you have 25+ quality posts for security reasons, but that will come quickly enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can't post in it until you have 25+ quality posts for security reasons

I wouldnt trust me either:D

Luckily in CA we have year round riding weather, especially here in the bay area, the sacrifice can be CA laws that are very anti-automotive in general.

Thanks for the welcome guys, cant wait to get a diesel! Its hard to admit but im coming from a dakota and i just cant wait to have a "real" truck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey i got another quick question, as far as the GMC sierra's go, is it like the silverado as far as the LBZ goes? Only the classic body style can have the LBZ?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Just a lot of potential for scammers to come on to sell the parts that they may or may not have, know what i mean?

And yeah i'm finding the all year riding season out the hard way.. I'm here for two months and everyone is riding, absolutely killing me haha. Oh, and your whole lane splitting thing here... woah.
and yes, the lbz thing is the same with the 07.5 new body styles going to the LMM's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nevermind, figure it out! What wonders a search button on a forum can have!

Designators are as follows check the eighth digit of your VIN:

LB7 = 1

LLY = 2

LBZ = D

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yes, that or a late model lly, which is just an lbz with an lly tune lol. so as soon as you throw a programmer on it it will be an lbz, if that makes sense.

the easiest way to tell imo is looking at the vin number

if the 8th digit of the VIN is a "D" then it is an lbz for 2006

1 - 16 of 16 Posts