Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to getting some good pics. So far Cognito UCA's, Fox shocks, Banks Exhaust (couldn't stand looking at the factory exhaust anymore, Cognito pitman and idler support arms, 17" XD seriers 797's,
35" BFG All Terrains, and Weather Gaurd boxes. i'm trying to decide whether to color match the mirrors, did it on my old truck but i cant decide on this one, what do you guys think. Also does anyone know where i can get a color matched tailgate handle, i dont understand why they color match the door handles at the factory but leave the tailgate handle black, who knows?
This is my first Dmax, my 02 was a n 8.1, it was an awsome truck but watching the gas gauge go down as i drove got a little old, and these new trucks are amazing!

DSC_0472[1].jpg

DSC_0466[1].jpg

DSC_0471[1].jpg

DSC_0468[1].jpg

DSC_0463[1].jpg

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
holy crap I like that.....I'd like have that trucks babies

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, heres a pic of my old truck with color matched mirror, just to give an idea what i was thinking, I actually did Z71 look. By the way i still have the weather gaurd boxes off the old truck for sale if anyone is interested send me a message

truck 4.jpg

truck 2.jpg

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
ehhhhh. idk I think the mirrors look fine either way so it's up to you

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
Looks like shit, you don't want it, you should trade me.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
^^ No, he's gonna trade. My truck and 20k?

·
Registered
136 Posts
IDK if i like the painted mirrors on the old truck. Your truck looks great the way it sits

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
nice looking truck. i love the truck boxes

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Voting to leave the mirrors black. Super clean truck bro.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Looks great. I would leave the Mirrors black though. I think it would look a lot better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yikes.......

Skip painting the mirrors :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
with that color, and the way your truck is set up, id say leave the mirrors black..Looks best IMHO:drink

·
Registered
97 Posts
Truck looks awesome, i want to do the same with mine, alot of people say you cant put 35" tires on with out doing the 4" lift. Clearly you can, what did you have to modify to make it fit? Im ordering the cognito UCA's and the shock extenders for now and i bought a set of the 18" denali rims. Did you just crank up the torsion keys or did you change them? Im so sick of looking at my truck with the stock rims and tires!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
both of your trucks look great. i wouldnt paint them only because of road chips. do your 35's rub?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice- like the banks tip-

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Truck looks awesome, i want to do the same with mine, alot of people say you cant put 35" tires on with out doing the 4" lift. Clearly you can, what did you have to modify to make it fit? Im ordering the cognito UCA's and the shock extenders for now and i bought a set of the 18" denali rims. Did you just crank up the torsion keys or did you change them? Im so sick of looking at my truck with the stock rims and tires!!!!
Can you make 35"s fit on a Cognito Leveling kit? You can but it is not suggested at all, too large and will require the kit to be used in the suspension ride height higher than designed so wear on the front end parts and ride quality will suffer and you will not get the full value as that product is sold for.

Lets be clear from where I come from because I have alot of people call me on this sense we do more than anyone handling Cognito product, I would love to sell this product in even higher volumes to make more money as a business man but at the cost of saying it's a proper fit I will never endorse to a customer, other Cognito dealers might say its OK but I guarantee they never have touched as much of this product as I have and know it's design points as well to stay with-in to gain the most out of purchase with your hard earned money.

DMAXCOOP, your truck looks great and I don't mean to sound like you did something wrong but I always like to help people gain the most and understand to what cons come with some mods being pushed to the limits. I am unclear if you are a customer of ours also so forgive me if you are and we never had a chance to talk about this set up before you purchased, again no disrespect because the truck does look great:drink.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts