Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Gents-
Recently "replaced" the DPF with a nice little piece from diamond eye. Used a thumb stick(?) "DPF-R 4.0" did the reprogram to eliminate regen.... Now, I have a horrible almost scary hestitation almost slipping feeling at 1/4 throttle, through all gears. if I roll into WOT I still get hesitation until im through 1/4 throttle wether im at a dead stop or rolling, along with a "bucky" and choppy RPM (1200-1500ish). If I remove the tune, truck runs fine just like she should. is this a transmision relearn as a result from the tune?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,975 Posts
What the heck is a DPF-R 4.0??
You need to spend the money and get a reputable tuner like Quadzilla Stealth II, PPE, Edge race CTS. Or the grandaddy of them all EFI Live. There is no telling what kind of hack job they did with the programming on the no namer...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, because I didn't NEED ppe, efi live etc... all I needed was to eliminate regen, this company claims to do that, and at a cost effective price. Could it be a cheap tune? Absolutely it could. But my Q wasn't directed to the tuner I was trying to diagnose my trucks behavior.....

Just trying to work one issue at a time before I write this product off as junk. I bought the truck used so I didn't have to deal with relearn procedures....

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
i'd pull it off and see if it still does it. Start eliminating the simple stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'd pull it off and see if it still does it. Start eliminating the simple stuff.
yep already did that... but is the trucks strange behavior because i introduced new programing into the ECU which in turn has resulted in a trans relearn?

what does a trans relearn feel/ act like on our trucks?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
just to reclarify
TAPS reset shouldn't happen if the computer was never reset or unplugged...and in my experience, mine has never done what you are talking about when I purposely reset them. It will usually do the opposite actually.

How does this magical device work? is it like a tuner that loads into the PCM or is it just hardwired into the system?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yep already did that... but is the trucks strange behavior because i introduced new programing into the ECU which in turn has resulted in a trans relearn?

what does a trans relearn feel/ act like on our trucks?
usually shifting will be hard engagements, definately not a defuel feeling, at least mine has never done that.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plugs into the obd2 or whatever its called under the dash. runs through a tree option, yes or no's and runs you to the next step, checks resets trouble codes. etc... wasn't my ideal set up, i like a little more control on a device a plug into my truck but it fit the bill and what i needed....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep thats them gear box

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just the econ not the plus

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
does it run right without it being plugged in?

I have never seen or heard of that before, mine just be a bad one or something.

Little guy is kinda pricey too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm guess ill give them another call... they seem like small new business aka bend over backwards for new customers.. they have so far

anyways

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,975 Posts
I am going to have to go with the programmer again man. I hate to say it and I do not in anyway want you to feel like I am knocking your decision. But that being said. My economy tune on My truck I made with EFI live makes it gutless til about 1/4 throttle. I have a switch I can choose between 5 different programs. I leave it on my Daily driver program until I get out on the road.Then I change the program to the economy tune. I turned my boost way down and backed the timing off a little at cruise. It was pretty low on the Throttle position and fuel being pumped. By turning it down I effectivly made it a gutless pig if I do not turn it back. I do see 20+ MPG with it though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no harm done.... i figured it was the tune but wanted to eliminate the tranny before i condemned the other. IMO they did something wierd with the fuel mapping/ and or boost at the lower rpm (like on gasers with way too much fuel pressure or too little) what exactly they tweaked will remain a mystery until i decide to pony up and play with my own EFI live.... EFI the stuff dreams are made of

1 - 16 of 16 Posts