Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all !! I just joined this forum a little while ago, and am excited to learn tons of stuff about the new 6.6L Duramax and the Allison 1000 tranny, along witheverything else about these trucks.As you can see by my sig, that I don't have one yet, but am looking and will hopefully have one in the near future. I am looking at getting a new 2007 LTZ 6.6L Extended Cab 4x4 shortbed. They are awesome, and I love the way the back doors open 180* to the bed,....as I'm paralyzed from the waist down, and getting the chair in is easy.
How does everyone like the new 2007 6.6L Duramax and the Allison Trans ?? Anything I should know when I get one as far as TSB's, or any other problems or things that guys figure or find out?? Hopefully it's great right from the get go!! :):)
Thanks again, and look forward to posting here !!

Randall

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Hello sir and welcome to the forum!!

The new Duramax is a awesome truck and there really havent been any significant problems with the Duramax for the past several years.

So not trying to be rude but do you have to get special hand controls or how does it work? A friend of mine is about 3foot tall and has to stand when he drives. He has a company that puts all kinds of controls in his S-10 so he could drive it. Its actually pretty cool and it kind of looks like a cock pit :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
121 Posts
im not trying to be rude either but how do you drive being paralyzed waist down?

btw, welcome here.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You actually drive with your left hand for throttle and brake,...it is a twist grip like a motorcycle. The cable runs down to the accellerator pedal, and when you twist it , you accellerate. There is also a rod connected that goes down to the bake pedal, and when you push it forward , you apply brakes. It works really good.

Randall

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
You actually drive with your left hand for throttle and brake,...it is a twist grip like a motorcycle. The cable runs down to the accellerator pedal, and when you twist it , you accellerate. There is also a rod connected that goes down to the bake pedal, and when you push it forward , you apply brakes. It works really good.

Randall
welcome to the forum..the all new duramax is a great setup and i never heard any complaints or problems..i seen that done once before for a friend of mine that had MS or something like that and it's really cool how it works..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts