Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my name John and im from Louisiana. Just got a brand new Duramax '07 Classic, beautiful truck(will have pics up shortly). I was wondering a few things, i want to change the oil at 1000 miles and need to know what to run and also what oil filter. Ill probably run whatever someone says up til about the first 3 oil changes then go synthetic. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go with Shell Rotella or a Quaker State blend. Either works for most people here in Alaska, I'm sure it will work well in Louisiana. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome from another Newbie.

Just a suggestion. I built about 2200 engines a day for GM and Chrysler. We used break in oil when building and delivering engines new. They had additional additives, I would suggest possibly keeping the oil in a little longer than that unless there is compelling evidence that they aren't using a break in oil on the Duramax engines.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum...i don't know much about oil but i do know once the engine is broke in a little run the synthetic oil or thats what i did on both of mine..i run amsoil..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes amsoil is what i will definately run, its what i ran in my 2 previous vehicles, its great stuff. But yea i guess ill keep that oil int here a little longer and then go rotella t for the first change then switch to synthetic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts