Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I have been very interested in diesels lateley especially bowties and gmcs. I would like to look at a 03-04.5? duramax truck and was wondering what kinds of power these make stock and what they make after easy mods (for a gasser its intake exhaust and pcm tune).
Thanks guys!
Buck

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcome to the duramax forum glad to have you....a stock 01 thru 04 LB7 duramax will dyno around 220 to 250rwhp with roughly 470rwtqr,so with a nice 70hp to 100hp programmer and exhaust you should be in the 300rwhp to 350rwhp area..if you add more then 100hp to the stock driveline you will risk tranny failure,so if you do a nice upgrade to the tranny you can very easily hit 400rwhp with a ppe hot et 2,edge,bullydog and efi live tuning runnin on the stock turbo,injecters and internal engine components...hope this helps

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i'm runnin the ppe on both of my trucks and i love the product,on the 05 LLY dually i went from a best 16mpg stock and with some upgrades,the upgrades were a exhaust ppe programmer and i now have a best yet of 23mpg..it was worth it and with these upgrades i can spank most stock cars..:D but if you add to much hp such as more then 100hp extra you will need a tranny upgrade to do it right.. http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_35

1 - 4 of 4 Posts