Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a fan of diesel engines for a long time and have always been in awe of their ease of modification and how easy it is to get big hp and tq numbers out of them. I've also always been upset that they only put them in big 2-3 ton trucks. I've long entertained the idea of putting a Duramax (my favorite diesel engine) into a muscle car. I was recently astounded by the 800hp 1400lb-ft of torque Duramax powered '65 Chevy Impala featured on "Pimp My Ride." Easily the best episode ever made. After all, how many 2-ton vehicles can say they get 800hp and 25mpg??? I think they could've chosen a better car to put it into (Challenger or Camaro) but was awestruck, nonetheless. I hope to do a project like this at some point in the distant (poor and in college) future so I guess my only question here is where would I go about finding/buying a NEW Duramax engine and about how much would it run me??? Name's Brooks by the way.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Welcome to the Site! As for the engine your best bet would be to buy one from a junk yard or ebay!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site..i plan on putting one in a sports car but i'm a little low on funding due to high spending habbits..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the site..i plan on putting one in a sports car but i'm a little low on funding due to high spending habbits..
Im a little low on funding due to low income habits and high expense habits. I just cant seem to shake this disability. Happens to the best of us, I suppose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts