Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

hey yall. im new and jus bought my first diesel!

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  C20ELEPHANT 
#1 ·
hey im 23 and jus bought me a 2004 silverado duramax 6.6L.. im lovin it!! i am looking for ideas o what to do to make my truck look and sound amazing!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Put an exhaust kit on it, i prefer 5" and my magnaflow system went on pretty easy and sounds awesome. I went with a muffler on my current truck because i couldn't stand the drone of the straight pipe on my last truck at 75mph.

#3 ·
Welcome

#5 ·
welcome

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum!

#8 ·
Welcome to the DF!

#9 · (Edited)
Welcome, make it stop better before adding any go fast stuff..........

Don't forget the two most overlooked FLUIDS, guys buy a used truck think they are changing all the fluids and never think twice about the TWO FLUIDS that bring us to STOP. The brake fluid and the double duty power steering fluid working the hydraboost for the brakes, may want to add a cooler for the power steering fluid.......me, guilty as charged for doing the same thing but I did do it a year later and had only 37k one owner in 2013 when purchased. I had the brake fluid flushed and what a difference..and of course do a thorough inspection of the brakes..

#10 ·
thanks everyone.. its only had two owners and both were older couples.. they used it for a fifth wheel. its got the electronic brake hookup under the steering wheel and what not. its only got 72000 miles. and right now im puttin power steering fluid in it bc it was low... is this the cause of why when i am turnin it squeks like hell? i sure hope so bc its deff annoying... and rather embarrassing honestly. and for the sound im wuntin a low rumbling purr.. i watched a duramax video with a whistle and that thang sounded awesome but have no idea how to het my truck to do that.. im wunting to go thru a drive thru and be asked to turn my truck off.. thatd be a great feelin

*gogetum*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.