Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been a member of this forum since April just lurking in the shadows :neener I figured I should introduce myself finally. I am from Central Cali and have an 07 classic. I am slowly building it to what I want it to be. I am a sales associate at Best Buy, I am finishing up my associates degree and also my paramedic license, I am a volunteer fire fighter/EMT for a local department, and I love photography and my quads (and yes to the quad haters....I started out on a RM 125 and moved to XR 250's then went to the dark side...I do miss single track though). Well my eharmony intro is about over haha. Thanks for the input in the future cuz I am sure I will use you guys for it!:thumb

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome stalker. How many clinical hours do you have to do in Cali for your medic?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome stalker. How many clinical hours do you have to do in Cali for your medic?

Haha thank ya!

160 hours, but most schools encourage you to hit around 180-200 depending on how good you are with your meds, IV's, treatments...yadada. 480 is required in the field and 40 ALS calls minimum.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's about the same we have here in Illinois. That's why I'm sticking with my basic. I can't do the time with shift work and all. Plus my volunteer Dept only runs BLS so no real benefit other than the added knowledge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is definitely time consuming...it has been a long process and taken a lot of 48 hour straight days to get where I am but out here in Cali...the golden ticket in to most departments is your medic so I wanted it, plus all the high paying departments are ALS. My department is ALS and we run our own ambulance too so that also worked out for me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah you gotta have your medic here to get on any good paid department. We are a small rural department. About 2,000 people and 85 square miles. Bout 13 miles of interstate to keep us busy though. I don't want to do the full time Dept thing. I just work as a basic on a rig on my days off now and then to keep my skills up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is around our square mileage but we are getting a bunch of bay area people so the population is around 11,000...still relatively small. We have a freeway and rural highway (where most of the good wrecks happen). That is the way to do it! Firefighting is a good way to stay out of that normal routine. I would definitely hop on a full time but this is still a blast!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
welcome to the forum man.. throw up some pics when you have a chance, of both the rig and the quads :drink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My baby.... disregard the horrible photo...that was when I was just learning photoshop.

#35 is my race quad with the motor work done, #904 is my dad's/my practice quad

A few little action ones for kicks and gigs.

The first lap feeling out the whoops...

And this is the next lap blitzing them....

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts