Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I guess I kinda jumped the gun on the whole posting thing and never got around to doing an introduction post. I surfed here off and on for a few before I joined and waited about a month before I actually posted.

I'm Matt, I'm 23, and I just got out of the Marines and bought my first diesel, a 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 crew cab long bed. My old ride is a 1991 GMC Suburban though, so not my first GM vehicle. I'm new to the whole diesel thing and might need some guidance here or there, but I'm loving my new truck!

So, as for mods that I have:

Edge Juice w/ Attitude
5" MBRP cat-back exhaust
6" Fabtech lift
35" Dick Cepek Crushers on 16" Raceline wheels
K&N stock replacement filter (not a full intake kit)

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what to do next? I'd like to get more power, but I'm also concerned with keeping everything safe and manageable (She's my daily driver). I'm thinking of maybe doing a complete intake kit? And if that's the right direction, I'm not sure where to go from there, so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I also wanted to say thanks for having this great resource available with such a friendly community!

PS - I'll see if tomorrow I can get a hold of my decent camera and take some shots of her so I don't have lame phone pictures!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Welcome to the DF..........:drink

Thank you for your great service you provided to our country:drink

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
welcome to the df!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
welcome to the DF these guys are good they say K&N filter is no good so you should switch back to OEM.. Please take some pics I have the same truck just stock height &06 like to see the white lifted 6"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts