Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just want to say thank goodness this forum is here .
hope this is a place i can vent my frustrations about the Chevy dealer here in Fairbanks .
Also i have found answers here ,on my 2006 Hd ............main concerns are the Map Censor sending my truck into what seems to be a limp mode the dealer here said I caused it by installing a K/N air filter ,and after being pissed off over the situation i found this forum and it seems that the map censor is freezing up in the subzero weather.
Now my main question is is it a warranty issue or not ?
and can they do the mod too remedy the problem?

thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure what you describe is a warranty issue if the truck is a 2006. Extended warranties are usually powertrain ("anything with oil in it") only and don't apply to other stuff. In any case, everything I read here about aftermarket air filters would indicate that better filtration comes at a price. I keep mine stock, but that's personal preference only.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
GM had a mod for the MAP sensor where they added a longer tube to the end of the sensor-- that was suppose to help keep it from freezing. :)

I cannot find the TSB right now! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
GM had a mod for the MAP sensor where they added a longer tube to the end of the sensor-- that was suppose to help keep it from freezing. :)

I cannot find the TSB right now! :rolleyes:
Are yall talking about the map(manifold aboslute pressure) which is a boost senor, or the maf(mass air flow) which meters the air entering intake tract? I'm confused how a MAP senor can be damaged by a oiled filter.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts