Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy dudes and dudetts....just joined the site and lookin to expand my overall general diesel knowlege.......I drive an 01 Dodge Cummins but lets not let that distract us.............I am a junkie for knowlege and wanting to learn more

Cheers,Kevin

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site.......if your trying to cure your diesel habbits you gonna have to try some where else...:D ..i don't drive a cummins but i do have alot of respect for the 5.9L Cummins,it's a proven engine....one more thing,if you go to the garage you upload some pics so we can see your rig....thanks james

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks James

here is my truck

I aint here looking for trouble guys.......but trouble has been trackin me pretty hard so we will see where this goes

* 01 Cummins/Dodge/HO/6 speed*275 injectors*PDR 35 turbo w/14cm housing & high pressure boots*HTT 3 piece ported exhaust manifold*Progaurd 7 with prefilter*Edge Comp*Fass II*Southbend con OFE*Jacobs brake*5"Stacks Big ens*E/F shift knob w/2low & brake switch*10 Gages*KW Ram air System cab controlled*Rickson 19.5x285's*True speed calibrator*Rancho 9000's*DT track bar*DSS steering stabilizer*KW Side impact rails*KW Traction Bars*Toolbox/fueltank 60 gal Combo*Mag High Tech Diff Cover*Ranchand bumpers*Grover air horns*Rear Wheel Cylinder Upgrade DYNO 375HP/940TQ :D

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
nice truck there....do you know how to fill out your sig,if so you can put all that in there so every time you post people will see it...i think you will find most guys very agreeable on this site,most of us would rather drive a demax but we have alot of respect for the 5.9L cummins

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I have it in my sig now.

I run the TY303 tire from Yokahama, ita a pretty aggressive tire, currently have close to 80k on them and prolly enough tread left for another 60 maybe...they have a 6400 lb load rating so that makes it alot safer for towing the backhoe

Cheers,Kevin

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
thats sweet. I want to get the Rickson Eliminators

for the look of stock but in a 19.5 :D - I pull a lot but also put tons of highway miles on, what kind of mileage and ride are you getting with the yokies?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are 35.2" tall and weigh in at 172 lbs each, my truck weighs in at 9660 so its a heavy truck, when empty I can get 20 mpg most of the time and an occasional 21 so its pretty good

I run the nv5600 6 speed tranny so it works very well at 70mph and 1900 rpm then when I tow it works very well in 5th geer at 65 mph and 2100 rpm

I have an excellent combonation here the only thing I dislike is the tires are still sidewall and make for a rougher ride.if I had the chance to do it all over again I would go with airbag suspension too.....still may some day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts