Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy dudes and dudetts....just joined the site and lookin to expand my overall general diesel knowlege.......I drive an 01 Dodge Cummins but lets not let that distract us.............I am a junkie for knowlege and wanting to learn more

Cheers,Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks James

here is my truck

I aint here looking for trouble guys.......but trouble has been trackin me pretty hard so we will see where this goes

* 01 Cummins/Dodge/HO/6 speed*275 injectors*PDR 35 turbo w/14cm housing & high pressure boots*HTT 3 piece ported exhaust manifold*Progaurd 7 with prefilter*Edge Comp*Fass II*Southbend con OFE*Jacobs brake*5"Stacks Big ens*E/F shift knob w/2low & brake switch*10 Gages*KW Ram air System cab controlled*Rickson 19.5x285's*True speed calibrator*Rancho 9000's*DT track bar*DSS steering stabilizer*KW Side impact rails*KW Traction Bars*Toolbox/fueltank 60 gal Combo*Mag High Tech Diff Cover*Ranchand bumpers*Grover air horns*Rear Wheel Cylinder Upgrade DYNO 375HP/940TQ :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I have it in my sig now.

I run the TY303 tire from Yokahama, ita a pretty aggressive tire, currently have close to 80k on them and prolly enough tread left for another 60 maybe...they have a 6400 lb load rating so that makes it alot safer for towing the backhoe

Cheers,Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are 35.2" tall and weigh in at 172 lbs each, my truck weighs in at 9660 so its a heavy truck, when empty I can get 20 mpg most of the time and an occasional 21 so its pretty good

I run the nv5600 6 speed tranny so it works very well at 70mph and 1900 rpm then when I tow it works very well in 5th geer at 65 mph and 2100 rpm

I have an excellent combonation here the only thing I dislike is the tires are still sidewall and make for a rougher ride.if I had the chance to do it all over again I would go with airbag suspension too.....still may some day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.