Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

hi everyone

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  MAXitOUT 
#1 ·
I cant get enough reading about these trucks, figured Id stop by...good to be here! :cool:

Ben

#5 ·
1321 feet in 12 seconds :D

#6 ·
Welcome to the site sir :woot

Now if we can allllllllllll take a minute to teach Adam how to spell ALLISON. :tease

#8 ·
#9 ·
ya thats me...note the strict canadian track regulations...no helmet required. :rolleyes:

oh, also note that 10 second time was obviously not true. The smoke fouled the timing lights...mid to high 12's currently with a single stock CP3, stock injectors, original stock head gaskets, aftermarket turbo, stock everything else. Thats all at 7200 pounds so if I took out my toolbox, tailgate, spare tire, and my friend riding in the passenger seat, etc It might go faster...who knows. The best trap time was 108mph, but the et wasnt as good (12.9) because im still working on launch technique. 108mph is usually a 12.5 run or so, but im not going to go into excuses.:rolleyes:

IMO the satisfaction is not the ET. There are plenty of 12 second crew cabs out there. Its that I tuned it myself and did all of the work mself to go that fast without CP3 mods and only adding a bigger turbo.:eek:

I dont think there is much left out of a stock single CP3. It would take a light regular cab to go 11's on a stock CP3. I have no intent of ever going dual CP3's until after I have enough $$ saved to build a motor. I dont see the point of putting dual CP3's on a stock motor. The reality is you are running on borrowed time. The stock duramax rods simply cannot hold 700+ rwhp with long term reliability. IMO, it would suck to send 2000 bucks on dual CP3's, only to blow your motor 2 months later....THEN you're out 6000+. :eek:

ben

#10 ·
that is a nice truck..very true,it would suck blowing your motor..........how many hp is your truck pushin or would you rather not say in front of the other guys....if you rather wouldn't you can pm me...

#13 ·
HOw hard was it to tune with EFI Live? Could a rookie do it or does it need to be someone with some experience? I've got an 06 LBZ CCSB. Just wondering. Sounds like you got some things figured out on your truck.

#14 ·
Ya i definitly want that navigation real bad, i found one for sale but i have no clue what radio package i have so no luck there...but nice setup.

Once you get your tap shift figured out, id say thats definitly worth sharing to the rest of us :)

#15 ·
Its basically a up/down counter that can return various logic sequences to the transmission NSBU switch (shifter position switch). The allison is a completely electronically controlled tranny so it will go into whatever gear hat switch tells it to. You dont have to move the lever. After you move the shift lever out of park NOTHING happens in the valve body. You can shift it into reverse on the highway and nothing will happen. (try it if you want to mess with one of your passengers :D ) It is not like any other transmission.

The circuit just mimics the NSBU swithc. It uses 4 DPDT relays, 1 4PDT relay, a printed circuit board, voltage comparitor with a bunch of logic gates, resistors, capacitors, up/down synchronous counter (4510 CMOS chip), BCD to decimal converter/decoder (4028 CMOS chip), a 555 chip with monostable timing circuit, and a buncha transistors......its not as complicated as it sounds tho, I swear.

I am no electrical engineer by any means. I just had something that I wanted to accomplish so I set my mind to it. Anyone with an electrical engineeing degree could figure out in 5 minutes what it took me weeks to figure out :D

If you have something that you want to do but dont know how to do, keep at it and dont get discouraged...there were so many times I wanted to throw this project in the garbage but it was worth it in the end :)

#17 ·
I think im not the only one who would agree on buying kits from you if ever decieded to put some kits together and sell them, cause it sounds like im a few flux capacitors short of understanding that one... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.