Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am in the uk and have a Chevy 2500hd 2006 Dura max 2wd which came with a kountrylite 5th wheeler
I intend to tour Europe soon
Holland through to Scandinavia
Maybe get a base over there and leave the whole unit there too
I bought the 2006 as it seemed to be post injector trouble issues and is considered an easy conversion to bio diesel which seems to be encouraged overseas (unlike the uk).
I am going to pop some DrTranny in the box as it’s a bit crude/clunky on engagement but other than that the truck is a joy.
Anybody out there with further advice in general or experience in bio diesel use/conversion would be so great to hear from
Rgds Jon

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome!

I'm surprised they allow a truck /engine that size over there. Where exactly are you located? I can't imagine driving my truck around my cousin's flat in Belfast lol. How bad did they get you with the VAT tax?

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
This thread may be of interest to you:

As far as the Bio, the biggest problems are with it attacking the rubber components of the fuel system. If you change out the rubber in that system you should have not much problems. Here is a list of where they are:
1. top of fuel tank to quick connect.
2. Quick Connect to first Stainless tubing.
3. Below drivers side seat, rubber hose between two SS lines
4. Left Rear of engine, SS line to crossover to Fuel Filter Head.
5. In and out of filter head the out leading up to the CP3 fuel pump in the front of the engine.

Make sure all the hose you buy is rated for Bio.

You really only need to change out the 1/2" hose, it is the supply. The 3/8" hose is the return line. This will also benefit you by eliminating a potential air leak into the fuel causing problem when under a load (like when towing your 5er.)

This thread has a good information about how to go about getting those swaged ends off of the hoses. I only cut one slot though and put a heavy screwdriver into the slot and twisted with a wrench, the things fell apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts