Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from norway, a litle country east of US!
And are bying my first duramax truck!
Have an diesel tahoe, old one from 97.
The problem is that the price of an truck is high here in norway, so must save some money first.
An 2003 mod 6.6 duramax in norway is 35k us dollars

Attachments

Registered
Welcome to the forum...nice tahoe...wow that is expensive...

Registered
Welcome to the forum! Did you say you have a diesel Tahoe!? That would be awesome. And yeah, thats pretty expensive for a truck. Have you thought about buying one in the US and shipping it? I know you can usually ship them for about 5 to 8K which would still be less than buying one in Norway. Unless its a right side driver issue. Then i guess your stuck. Hope the best!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi price

The goverment charge alot in tax and so one, dollar for weight, volume and seats in the truck.
and new one,2010 mod is in dollar 250.000!
1.600.000 in norway, same as a smal house over here!
So non newer than 2005 here, in 2006 new rules for import of cars..

Registered
welcome. holy smokes that is nuts. you could probably order one from here and have it shipped there for less than that.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome. holy smokes that is nuts. you could probably order one from here and have it shipped there for less than that.
No, the gowerment charge that much from anyone.
Same if i get one from the dealer of shop my self in US.
So, old car for me...2003!
Nice contry, not so nice price on things here :)

Registered
Even if you buy an old one from the US? Do they tax you at the dock? Man thats just crazy. I mean you can get a 2003 duramax here in the US for 13 to 18K, then probably 5K to ship.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Even if you buy an old one from the US? Do they tax you at the dock? Man thats just crazy. I mean you can get a 2003 duramax here in the US for 13 to 18K, then probably 5K to ship.
The price are ruffly the same here, if i take one home my self or shop from a dealer...I cant get any plates on it until i payd the tax and what not to the goverment.

On an 03 there is 15k-20k in tax.
So that is nothing to gain on it....

FINN Bil - Annonser - Brukte biler til salgs
Press the link, and that is the price in norway.
The going rate is divided by 6, ca...
Al the tahoe's are 2 sets, just as an workingcar...not for an family on 4 people!

Its just a worktruck
19 Sierra
Welcome to the DuramaxForum!

Rode the Short Bus
Welcome to the Forum! Sweet looking Tahoe!

I have always wanted to visit there to take a trip up the fjords along the western coast line. A friend went and showed pictures, and it is very beautiful.

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum...and we thought taxes were bad in the United States.....

Registered
Welcome to the Forum :)

Registered
Welcome to the forum! its always cool to have people from diff places around the world on here. Nice tahoe btw

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks people :)
Fjords are ok, that are some big boats that cruise up and down the coast and show it off...nice trip do..!

VAGITARIAN :)
Welcome to the forum!!!:drink:drink

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.