Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! ive got a 1985 chevy c20 with a granny low 3 speed. been doing some research for my winter project. 6.6/NV4500 (or zf6) swapping it. been doing standalone harness research, reading up on the different series of the 6.6. any info or leads will be greatly appreciated! im gonna dive into this forum a bit deeper as well. thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
397 Posts
:welcome

I say go LBZ, I'm not bias or anything....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Welcome to DF!

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
welcome friend

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your swap, if you're looking for somebody to make a standalone harness for you I'd contact Ben at BT Dieselworks. He makes harnesses for all kinds of duramax swaps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome and good luck with your swap, if you're looking for somebody to make a standalone harness for you I'd contact Ben at BT Dieselworks. He makes harnesses for all kinds of duramax swaps.

thanks for the info, ive build LS harnesses, but diesel is a whole nother other beast!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The easiest swap is an LB7 or LLY with a ZF6. I still have yet to see an NV4500 mated up behind a duramax actually... but I look to swap a cummins into everything

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lly wouldn't be too bad from all the looking I've done, mainly wiring, computer, and plumbing on both. I've been looking to do a lly zf6 swap into a tahoe or suburban, but that would be just a bit more simple. Lol.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
15,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.