Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a 06 2500 duramax diesel 4wheel drive with a tow package. Ect.... an we decided to put a cd in (our original cd player for the pickup) an the CD player wont work. Itll suck the cd in, sit there to try an load it then itll say track an that's it. I was wondering what could we do to fix this

·
Premium Member
10,678 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A CD player is one of the most intricate upgrades you could do to your Duramax, make sure you turn to the professionals, most people wait until 100k so they don't void their warranty, keep a eye out for the EPA too I hear they are cracking down....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome. It is cheaper to replace the factory unit with an aftermarket instead of trying to fix the one you have now. Plus with aftermarket units you will now have the newer capabilities like bluetooth where the stock one does not.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
get online with crutchfield and order one that will fit your truck-- it comes with the adapter harness and installation kit to make it look professional instead of a hatchet job.
Like HTNKL stated, it will have all the latest capabilities, and it will be cheaper than trying to fix yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased a Pioneer AVH-1500NEX for my truck and love it. Apple Car Play, DVD, Bluetooth and added a backup camera. You’ll definitely have more options with a new headunit.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
get online with crutchfield and order one that will fit your truck-- it comes with the adapter harness and installation kit to make it look professional instead of a hatchet job.
Like HTNKL stated, it will have all the latest capabilities, and it will be cheaper than trying to fix yours.
This ^^^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.