Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any one out there has installed one of these after market HID kits and was it worth the money?

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi my buddy has a dodge cummins 2500hd and he has the kit installed in his truck ...it is awesome looking i have 05 chevy 2500hd i took out the factory headlights andinstalled silver star head lights and beleive me there f n bright i blind people on low beams and he parked his truck next to mine and put mine to shame:mad: his hid xenon light shine out so clearly you cand see the sand particles on the road. ill take them over mine any day just cant afford the kit at as low as $269 and ^^^^^^^^^^ .
theres my 2 cents worth
jay

·
Registered
226 Posts
vertex hid

I put the Vertex hid kit which I sell on my 05 and was very pleased. Very bright but does not offend to many people.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hid

I have after market high beams and they do not come close to comparing to my hid low beams. I do not use my high beams any more

·
Registered
6 Posts
All 4 HID lights on at the same time makes for a very bright surrounding area. I would not go back to another regular light after having HID lights.

·
Registered
226 Posts
hid

My brother and law has the same thing and I also im in the process of doing the same. I argee with you 100%, it dont get much better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What brightness and color are your HID lights?
5000K / 6000K / 8000K / 10000K / 12000K

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 6000K low and 5000K high. Very bright light

·
Registered
226 Posts
hid

I also have 6000k for the low beams. They are a very white with a slight blue hue. A thing to know is that the lower the K the higher the lumens, which means the lower the K the brighter the light. But also the lower the K the more yellow the light turns. 4300k is the color temperature with the most output.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, this helps. I saw that the lower the K the brighter the light. I have my eyes on a 6000k conversion kit now. Thanks again for your replys. This has settled my delima. I will be doing the same, 6000k low and 5000k high.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do not use vertex hid.

Just wanted to make a comment on one of my last posts about using vertex myself. After using them for a awhile I found out that they were no good. I would not recomend Vertex HID kits to no one. I am using another brand off of ebay that works great.

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
which brand and about how much? ive also been thinking about doin the HID conversion but not really sure where to start. Also, do you HID guys still have the factory headlight assembly or aftermarket?

·
Registered
226 Posts
hid lights

Go to EBAY Stores >>> HID Outdoor Equipments. Price per kit is $97.99 shipping is free I think. They are plug and play. 9006 for the low beams and 9005 for high beams for chevy trucks up to 07 new style. I use the 6000K. I also use the factory headlight assembley, I do not trust aftermarket ones since they tend to leak on me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the xenoneyes kit for $155 to your door... low beam 6000k... love em.. i had them send the highs and the fogs after install. awsome

xenoneyes.com

i have pics posted on photobucket if you want to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2 more cents here... i bought the HID xenoneyes.com kit..for 155. the 6k kit is awsome.

i got high low and fogs....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts