Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy HIDs from DDM but dont understand the stuff. Like HID Harness? What is dual in and Dual out do I need it? Do I need the error eliminator? Adapter Cable? What is Bulb type like the ones i get to replace my stock ones? Thanks i know theres alot of questions but i would really like to purchase some. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I want to buy HIDs from DDM but dont understand the stuff. Like HID Harness? What is dual in and Dual out do I need it? Do I need the error eliminator? Adapter Cable? What is Bulb type like the ones i get to replace my stock ones? Thanks i know theres alot of questions but i would really like to purchase some. Thanks in advance
u dont need any of the extra stuff its plug and play, pick ur color and its gonna be 9006 for lows and 9005 for highs if im not forgetting when i did mine, our fog lamps are a h10 i believe and all u need to do is find where to hide the ballast using either double sided tape or zip ties

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u dont need any of the extra stuff its plug and play, pick ur color and its gonna be 9006 for lows and 9005 for highs if im not forgetting when i did mine, our fog lamps are a h10 i believe and all u need to do is find where to hide the ballast using either double sided tape or zip ties
So i dont need the error eliminator or adapter cable? But I need the HID Harness? Thanks

·
Registered
843 Posts
You don't need any of the optional stuff.
when you get the kit you just plug everything up.

6000k 35w (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
essentially the 9005, 9006, and h10 bulb are all the same.. they use the same socket, they just have slight differences in the bulb itself

I just ordered 2 sets of the 9005, 35w, 6000k to use in my fogs and lows.

****note, gms run on reverse polarity, you will have to flip the connector over where it plugs into your factory plug in order for it to work***

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yeah i was gonna say the fogs are the same as highs

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'd suggest the relay kit.... I had problems with sometimes not having enough juice to do the initial hit, so sometimes only one headlight would come on. I'd have to wait for that one bulb to warm up and then turn the head lights off and then back on, and then both would come on

the relay harness solved that.

but I also run 55 watts, so they require more juice for the initial start.

You could make your own relay kit for a couple bucks less.... but for $15 it seemed worth it imo.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As stated you do not need any of the extra stuff but if you go with the 55w you should get the relay kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts