Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got DDM Hid for lows and high and put them in. They worked great last night no problem but I come out this morning to put my grill back on and wanna see how they look in the light and they are not on. I was thinking connection issue but I plugged them back in and they still didnt work. When I go to switch my highs on the light in the truck doesnt appear. Is it a fuse issue or just a connection issue?

·
Registered
331 Posts
what year truck? did you use relays with the kit? DDM HIDs are junk imo. Also try flipping the connectors around on the headlight. Some are reverse polarity.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2012. I thought I had it cause they came on last night fine for 30 minutes that I ran them and now it just wont turn back on

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to flash my high beams and they turn on they just dont turn on when I completely turn them on. Lows still dont turn on so I know the highs are getting power and turn on just cant get the to come on other than when I flash them. So confused.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Did you actually turn the knob to turn the lights on with no luck on or is it still on auto?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I turned it on both ways but I called DDM and they said that with the reverse polarity issue it could be popping the fuse and if the fuses being blown are more than 20 amp I will need to get the hid wiring harness. I have no idea if that is right but it sounds good. So after I get done with my final exam I will see if the fuse is the problem and hope its less than a 20 cause I dont want to wait lol.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I just installed that kit on my truck Tuesday afternoon and didn't have any issues. Very strange that they worked last night and not today. Sucks man.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I love the lights though so I will make it work. I just need to solve a slight issue which doesnt seem to bad right now but we will see. I would recommend to anyone but I am learning along the way on how to get them in correctly. Hardest part is getting the truck apart and my ranch hand doesnt make things any easier.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hardest part is getting the truck apart and my ranch hand doesnt make things any easier.
Yup. How'd the high beams look? I messed up and ordered the LED bulbs for highs but DDM are sending me the HIDs to swap out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They look awesome and will light up everything around you. Takes about a minute to warm up but once they are both on they are super bright. Ill post a pic of them on in a minute and. You almost don't need them with how bright the lows are but it makes the housing and everything look better with the highs on to hah

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sweet. I also got DDM LED fogs and I have a 30in lightbar behind the grille. I'm going to be able to see where I'm going.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah you will see everything. My buddy is giving me his cube leds im putting in my fogs cause he bought a package of lights and didnt want them so it worked out well for me.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nice friend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I let him hunt my property so he just does stuff for me when he is able.
I got the lights to work the fuses were blown for both of them. I put new ones in and will see how long they last. If they stay for awhile then I wont get the hid harness. Now to put things back together.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Glad to hear its working.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts