Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my hids in on my truck and noticed that when my dim lights are on the radio gets really fuzy. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
987 Posts
ive never had a problem with my hid's the voltmeter doesnt even budge when they are turned on! i have 4300k in my lows and fogs!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where did you get your lights i got mine from higcountry.com and one of the lights and ballast on my fogs has already gone out, and i only had them for 2weeks!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
yes sir... the "cheap" ballasts have a BOAT LOAD of EMI, and they will jack with radios badly. If the ballast is 'bad' or on the way out that will happen as well. Try them one at a time and see if its one or both. Just don't unplug a bulb when lit... as me how I know :D

if its jsut one, try to get a replacement from the mfg.

If you need some that wont, let me know.

good luck,

Jess

·
Registered
987 Posts
where did you get your lights i got mine from higcountry.com and one of the lights and ballast on my fogs has already gone out, and i only had them for 2weeks!

tspny.com i have had them for almost 6 months no issues yet! i got both kits for 142 shipped

·
Registered
987 Posts
oh and my father has the same 2 sets in his dmax and he has not had any problems for the 3 months he has had them!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you get the standerd ballast or what?

·
Registered
987 Posts
they were a 35w kit 4300k for the H1 low beams and H10 fogs. it was the standard kit they sold. they were shipped fast and i blieve they have a 1yr or 2yr warranty on everything. the last set of HID's i put in my integra have lasted 4yrs still goin strong they are 9006 6000k!

·
Registered
683 Posts
i had problems with a light and ballast too in first week replaced and now no problems the raido does come in a little fuzzy just thought it was my truck glad to know its not just me lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got 6000k high and low in Dmax and the only time their is interference is when i got ipod or sat radio on. But you can only really tell when i got high beams on, Got high and low to come on together makes night go away

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K thanks guys, just dont no what to do at this, point either use money to get deer mounted or new hids....???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im thinkn the deer but who knows

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have seen quite a few issues with quite a few brands... if you want great quality talk to nick at BFXenon.... he has top notch products

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
in my personal experience, out of the various HID kits my friends have, the Retro Solutions kits are the only ones that have zero radio interference...

ben

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whats retro solutions website, and are there kits plug and play

·
Registered
20 Posts
retro solutions is cheap chinese crap... forget their schit... if you want quality, with no issues ever with name brand parts with a warranty from a reputable name brand company BFXenon is the route to go

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
retro solutions is cheap chinese crap... forget their schit... if you want quality, with no issues ever with name brand parts with a warranty from a reputable name brand company BFXenon is the route to go
dude theyre ALL chinese, I dont give a crap where you bought your HID's from. :rolleyes:

retro solutions has a lifetime warranty, and like I said, was by far the highest quality set ive had experience with. The guy is real, hes not fly-by-night like 95% of the other HID places.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
mine make it static when i turn on my fogs for half a second then it goes away

·
Registered
20 Posts
they are not all made in china? what are you smoking? Phillips, Omega, Sylvania, McCullochs are far from chinese made... retro solutions is cheap chinese garbage... im glad you had a good experience, but they are still units that are low quality... I know people who have yugos that are still running that doesnt mean it was the greatest car ever built... I like to invest in quality and so do most other people... BFXenon uses Phillips ballasts and McCullochs bulbs... and if so requested he can get Omega and Sylvania... brands that are worth the money... I like my truck I dont want it to burn to the ground

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
really, so BFXenon's kits are all made in USA? Where does it say that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts