Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had my hid's for over a year now and recently i noticed my passenger side low beam flickering rapidly then it will stop for a bit run normal then flicker and sometimes go out.. i shut my truck off i turn my lights on and both lights come back on? so the other night it was flickering i parked the truck shut it off the lights shut off and as i was walkig by i noticed an orange glow i double checked went over and looked and the round part of the bulb was actually glowing red hot. not good im assuming but is this my ballast giving it too much power? could the relay be hooped from the all on mod giving just one light more voltage? im assuming not since its just the one light. has anyone experienced this problem? im just going to unplug the one light for now untill i find some time to switch ballasts to the other side and see if it happens on the driverside then.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you have the same problem with this? i bought mine from bfxenon lifetime warranty guess ill have to get in contact

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
bfxenon will send you a new ballast with no problems. he has done it for me. really great to work with

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my ballast that controlls this light is right infront of my intake behind the light where i have one mounted around the corner right by the rad that is fine

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I asked this in the electronic forum and never got an answer. My friend is going to put highs, lows and fogs in his and I was wondering where are you guys putting all the ballasts? I have the low beams in mine and found a good spot for those but looking around I dont know where I would mount fogs if I got those. Any help would be great.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
I asked this in the electronic forum and never got an answer. My friend is going to put highs, lows and fogs in his and I was wondering where are you guys putting all the ballasts? I have the low beams in mine and found a good spot for those but looking around I dont know where I would mount fogs if I got those. Any help would be great.
Frame rail.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Well hell yeah they get wet. They're gonna get wet no matter where you stick em. I haven't had any problems and had em on for 6-8 months or so.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Alright, thanks man.
NP, You can try to tuck em on top of the rail or somewhere out of the way but they're gonna get water, mud, etc. all over the ballasts no matter what under there. They're all supposed to be 'sealed' anyway so fk it. I just buy the cheap-o's and roll on.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just sayin but mine would flicker then go out, and finally stopped coming on at all. I assumed ballast but it was actually the bulb you could easily tell it was burnt looking blackish.

Not sure how much room you have on your but my ballasts fit right behind my headlight on the side of the rad support almost like it was meant to go there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
my passenger side gos out all the time. some good advice would be when you get ready to start your pickup let the hids warm up for like 10sec. and then start your pickup. with mine i know its not the ballast cuz every set of hids ive had do it right off the bat. you might want to try a relay harness

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine have been fine untill this.. and the bulb does look a little smokey but as do quite a few of the others on my truck it was the fact that it was glowing red hot like a clearance light that makes me think that its the ballast and not the bulb or like i said the relay in the fuse box because of the all on mod but since only one of the low beams is doing it not the relay?...

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I just got my kit for my fogs and was wondering if I need an extension because it seems like they will not reach down to my fog lights.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
I just got my kit for my fogs and was wondering if I need an extension because it seems like they will not reach down to my fog lights.
What won't reach? The bulbs go in the housings and then you just mount the ballasts n shit on the frame rail or wherever you see fit.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
The ones I have use power from the battery and go through a 12v connector, plus a ground.
Shit, where did you get those? Are they HID's or just a fog light kit?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
The guys gives us an extra relay so that it draws from the battery to power the lights. Thats how I hooked up my lows.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts