Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put hid lows in my truck and every time i turn my hids on my radio becomes static. its very wierd any ideas?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any one? i just put my fogs in and now theres even more static

·
Registered
83 Posts
Aftermarket radio? Amp?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You might need to add a filter on your power wire to your radio or I've heard of filters for stock radios that plug into the harness but they are spendy, I think $150 but don't quote me on it. More than likely its the added voltage causing interference, maybe relocate the ballasts? Just an idea

·
Registered
956 Posts
Good thing you asked this cause i have the same issue when i turn my fogs on, regular headlights not a problem though with the hids in em

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ha! Mine too! But only on the AM side.... Hmmm! We can figure out how to stop this.

" I may eat my words but I don't see how that can be possible, $250 ballasts and $25 ballasts are the same, both built in China and made of metal housings with no insulation, how can it make a difference? "

Ghostrider56 I totally agree with you... it's gettingwhere I don't believe half of the crap I see on here if it has anything to do with HID's and BF Xenon lights....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its the stock radio i got my hids from ddm its wierd there was a little static with my lows but there a lot with my fogs but there is a couple stations that still come in fine?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'd like to know how many ppl have bought bfxenon's hids and had static thru the radio VS the people who bought DDT hid's and have had static also?? :cool: a un biased straight foward answer would clear up all the BS about bfxenon being overpriced and DDT being cheap chinese chit. Im on the edge of the fence right now along with all the other people with the same situation and this would be a decision maker for many people including me

·
Registered
915 Posts
I know more people than these 2 gentleman ^^ have hid's!! lets hear your feedback. Thanks for the straight foward no bs answers fellows :drink

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've ran DDM hid's in 3 vehicles and never had any issues at all, 2003 Accord, 2003 Pilot and 2004 duramax and my buddy has ran them in a few of his cars no problem at all either. Its not the lights, theunderlord is right in it has something to do with wiring.

·
Registered
683 Posts
me too i have this problem also

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ha! Mine too! But only on the AM side.... Hmmm! We can figure out how to stop this.

" I may eat my words but I don't see how that can be possible, $250 ballasts and $25 ballasts are the same, both built in China and made of metal housings with no insulation, how can it make a difference? "

Ghostrider56 I totally agree with you... it's gettingwhere I don't believe half of the crap I see on here if it has anything to do with HID's and BF Xenon lights....
:rof you can say that again, I'm new to this forum but already am tired of xenon lights and the supporting crew! lol Everyone needs to make a living but ripping people off is another story especially when you say your there to "help"

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
:hyper:hyper I just talked to my brother in law who has a 2003 silverado 2500, he has the same problem and here is what the dealership told him: There is a module on the back of the radios that is part of the wiring harness, for whatever reason this module burns out and will cause static or can even cause a whining out of the speakers ( like if you run power to an amp with the RCA cables) You can get a new module from the dealership or from any car audio place but the crappy thing is they cost $100 (local car audio shop price) Make sure you get the right one because I guess there is a different one for stock and those Bose radio. Hope this helps out in figuring out whats up with everyone elses radios

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my truck hase the bose does every one else having thise problem have the bose system?

·
Registered
83 Posts
my truck hase the bose does every one else having thise problem have the bose system?
Oh yeah, my brother in law has the Bose, I have the Bose also with hid's and zero interference, his is a gasser too

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Looking to buy lows and fogs for mine from ddm they dont offer the 9145 kit for the fogs? what should i get for the fogs? Sorry to derail! And theunderlord is it worth it to buy the slim ballasts?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts