Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the "High-Idle Mod" from gmdieseltech.com.
Just wondering If anyone else has Installed this mod either with the kit or just by buying it piece-meal?
Was it hard? :confused:

·
Administrator / Web Servant
109 Posts
What is that unit supposed to do? I imageine it has something to do with idling high, whats its purpose?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
it is pretty easy. the hardest part is getting the wire through the firewall. I did it on my truck and it took me about a little over an hour because of the firewall, but I forgot I already had a wire running through for my programmer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see snow in your pictures ob...I cant wait for winter!!!

lem..the High-Idle MOD is what the name implys..It uses a feature ment for a PTO application and uses your cruise control as the control for it...similiar to 04+ cummins dodges (on the dodges all it takes is a quick dealer program)

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Yeah, the picture is from this last spring. Snow should be flying before the end of september here. I hope we have a good snow year so I can put more miles on my snowmachine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where are you from?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
I live in Alaska just south of Fairbanks. Eielson AFB.

·
Administrator / Web Servant
109 Posts
What kind of HP are you putting out with your truck ob1? I notice a nice long list on your sig.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alaska..that would explain the snow in september..as you can see im from NH no snow until NOV/DEC :mad: im curious as to how the dmax will do. Im sure there wont be any problems like I had with my 6.5. I had worked through most of its cold start problem before I sold it though...figures, right? :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ob...on that clifford remote start..is that one where you can have the truck running...hit the remote start button ..pull the key out, lock the truck and it'll idle there(steering wheel locked,) until you hit the brake oh get back in?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
dmaxpwr: Yes the Clifford you can push a button and then take the key out. I can start the truck from about 1/4 mile away if there is a good straight line of sight to it. I think it is set up to run for 20 minutes before shutting off. (I can go up to 1 hr because of it being a diesel) I also have the truck button to activate my high idle.

LEM: I'm not too sure on the hp. I know the TST is good for about 140 hp and 360 lb/ft of torque. The bully dog is only good for about 90 or 120...I don't have it unlocked for the 155hp. The two programmers don't play real well together. I have a loud timing rattle when I run the 2 on lower levels together. Besides, I am still on my stock tranny and exhaust. I will either put a high flow muffler on or just go straight pipe until I get down to the lower 48. Shipping up here kills.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
me thinks I want that remote start.
was it easy to install?

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
dmaxpwr said:
me thinks I want that remote start.
was it easy to install?
I let someone else install it. I have tried to install remote starts in my past 2 trucks, but they never worked. I think I had a problem with the theftlock module. I ended up getting a pretty good deal for up here in Alaska. I paid $550 installed for the RSX 1.5. This is the 2 way paging with the LCD remote. So, I know when it is started without having to look and make sure. Besides, if the system is installed by and authorized dealer, you get a lifetime warrenty on it. There are tons of installers across the US that install directed electronics (makers of clifford, viper, etc.). Check out directed.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts