Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know everyone hates it when people keep asking the same questions all the time but i cant seem to find the write up on how to put the high idle on the cruise control (like if you had a PTO) i looked and found it for LBZ LMM LB7 but no LLY if some one could get a link for me it would be great

thank
Ben

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
The write-up is on dieselplace.com.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o maybe thats why i cant find it lol got a link by chance

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok found it and its on the to do list this week if i can get the pins

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know were to get the pin for the plug the stealership looked at me like i had 3 heads and the parts stores are worthless and i hate to pay $8 shipping for a 33 cent part

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump.....does anyone have a part number other than the delphi number i found on dieselplace possible one from napa or dorman

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
i believe those are dealer only parts...merchant automotive or really anyone that sells EFI Live with the DSP switches should be able to get you the pin.

·
Registered
279 Posts
GM part #12084913 (5 per package) or GM part #12084912 (10 per package)

You should only need one pin. I am good friends with a few guys at the parts counter at my local dealer so I was able to score a couple of them for free. I got a few of them incase I messed one up in the crimping process.

A little helpful tip (at least I thought it was helpful anyway)

When I did mine, I jacked the front end of the truck up off the ground and took the drivers side front wheel/tire off along with the inner fender. Its a little extra work, but It will make life a LOT easier when dealing with the ECM harness as there isnt a lot of slack in it. Trying to work at it from the top of the engine bay is a pain in the ass. With the wheel/tire and inner fender out of the way you can sit on a 5 gallon paint bucket or short stool and work like a civilized individual instead of standing on the bumper leaning over the engine.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks for the numbers and advice it seems every thing is easier through the fender well lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts