Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2015 Silverado. LML. (It has 170,000 miles). Truck is fully stock. I'm having a problem with the idle. It happens a lot but is not continuous. When parked the idle will increase to about 800 rpm. It usually sits at 625 rpms. When I put the truck through all the gears, or when I rev the engine, it will not help. It done this all this morning, but I'm in the truck now parked, and it's idling normally now. What all could cause this?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I drive a 2015 Silverado. LML. (It has 170,000 miles). Truck is fully stock. I'm having a problem with the idle. It happens a lot but is not continuous. When parked the idle will increase to about 800 rpm. It usually sits at 625 rpms. When I put the truck through all the gears, or when I rev the engine, it will not help. It done this all this morning, but I'm in the truck now parked, and it's idling normally now. What all could cause this?
Your truck is in regen when it is idling that high there is nothing wrong its supposed to do that

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yup. Make sure you are driving that thing at highway speeds for 20-30 min to let it complete the regen. Do enough idling without letting the thing regen like it should it will eventually plug the DPF up to the point that it won't be able to regen anymore and you'll have to either have the dealer or someone with a GM Tech II tool force a manual/service regen, or worse off, will have to take the DPF off and have a place bake the sucker to burn off all the hard particulates that will no longer come off during a regen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts