Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my truck to a reputable shop with a hard starting condition after the motor/ fuel is warmed up. The shop said once the fuel is warm, the injector return rates go through the roof and 5 of the 8 are showing this condition. Is this possible at 75000 miles? What causes high return rates? Is this different than balance rates?

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
have them show you the proof of the balance rates, how does she run? any excessive smoke at idle or during driving? How are the rates at idle?

·
Vendor
2,190 Posts
Took my truck to a reputable shop with a hard starting condition after the motor/ fuel is warmed up. The shop said once the fuel is warm, the injector return rates go through the roof and 5 of the 8 are showing this condition. Is this possible at 75000 miles? What causes high return rates? Is this different than balance rates?
How many ml of fuel were they returning? Also like stated above what were the balance rate readings?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The truck runs good, plenty of power, no smoke at idle, good fuel economy. Runs a hair rough at idle but nothing alarming. It is just hard to start when the truck is warmed up. Cranks right up when everything is cooled off.

I don't know about balance rates or how many mL the injectors were returning. I would have to ask .

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
find out the balance rates at idle in park and at idle in drive then post up here. Find out how much the inj are returning? What is the condition of the FPR?

could be not enough rail pressure when starting after being warm and ran? clogged filter, air in system, fuel filter head or bleeder screw leaking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts